Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castleblock Home
quote:
Originally posted by hookupu

Today I drove by a castleblock home under construction in Vacationland. This building concept has facinated me since I first read about it. The place looks fantastic. I have seen these homes before in unfinished or uncompleted stages and was quite put off with the stockade look of the shell. Infact I even made some rather disparaging remarks about one in Leilani Estates on the Konaweb. After the blocks are finished and with some architectural elements in place they can be real stunners,
I guess that old dog need to be shown before we believe and that sometimes new concept need understood and looked at in a different eye. If we ever build another house this is one new concept we will look at very closely.
Larry :>)

Have any photos to share?

mella l

Art and Science
Our Future
bytheseasoap.com
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
As owner of Castleblock I am certainly grateful for the interest. I have long been puzzled at the keen interest in how they look. Any well designed and finished home will look good. Some of our projects have been featured in architectural magazines and featured in the news. Most attract no special notice. Its how they last that is different.

Castleblock is mostly about building durable, energy efficient homes. While the average lifespan of a wood frame home in Hawaii is stated at 33 years (Fed Govt) our our structurally designed to last for generations or centuries . That is what we do. Fire, rot, termite, earthquake and hurricane resistant.

What is most important to me is that our clients have exceptionally well built and durable, low maintenance homes. That is my focus. Whether they are round or square, one story, two story, green or white is of minimal interest to me. I am probably most proud of being able to accomplish this for people on limited budgets.

I admit they look odd going up. By odd I mean different. They are not a basket weave of stick framing. Termite food. So they make people wonder. But they do not glow in the dark or otherwise make themselves known when completed.

A minor fantasy of mine is 100 years after I am gone some realtor will walk up a driveway saying "this is a Castleblock home built over a hundred years ago."

Contact me if any of you want more info.

www.castleblock.com

Mahalo,

Rob

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob, you need pictures of completed homes on your website!
The "David M. lounged around sipping MaiTais" here. We love our Castleblock (ProTec) home. Feel free to contact me with any questions/discussion via email. You'd certainly be welcome to come visit, you'd wouldn't be the first, and I doubt the last. We show it off any chance we get.
Here's a link to way too many pictures documenting our build.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/468915553RbjdnV

Rob: Could you also include walking DOWN the drive in your fantasy Smile

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Anyone know of any photos to view complete homes inside and out? We're very interested but need more info as well as pics. Mahalo
Contact me directly through this site and I can send you pictures.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
You can see some interior shots of a Castleblock ProTec house here:
vacation.ninolehawaii.com
I think that would be us Smile love our Castleblock (ProTec) house

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
With a beaauuuutiful turtle cut on the stained concrete floor - not by Castleblock, but by Dave!
Links to photos from their website ....

http://castleblock.com/rastra_photos.html

http://castleblock.com/kauaipix.html