Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lex Brodie effect
(06-19-2023, 03:03 AM)terracore Wrote: I stopped going there when they told me it was "illegal" for them to give my car back to me without buying a new tire for it first.
Wow.  Angry  What was your reply?  I'm assuming you didn't buy a new tire.
(06-20-2023, 01:50 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(06-19-2023, 03:03 AM)terracore Wrote: I stopped going there when they told me it was "illegal" for them to give my car back to me without buying a new tire for it first.
Wow.  Angry  What was your reply?  I'm assuming you didn't buy a new tire.

I asked why.  "It's too dangerous, it's a liability."

So I asked why they couldn't put the spare on.  He acted surprised that I had one.  They put it on even though it was mostly flat.   He said they "couldn't put air into a tire they didn't sell" because it was "too dangerous".

So I went in with a fully inflated, full sized tire, and came out with a mostly flat donut spare on, "for my safety".

Fortunately I had one of those 12v portable air compressors and was able to inflate the spare and drive it home, where I fixed the tire I wanted them to look at myself.   That was a few years ago.  I'm still driving on it.

The only reason I didn't fix it myself to begin with, is that I thought it was a tire they sold me that was under some kind of warranty that was voided for any DIY repairs.  Turns out it was one of the Costco tires that had a nail in it.  So I'm sure I probably voided the costco warranty.

I wasted an entire afternoon in their customer waiting area even though I had an appointment. (They were "behind") only to come out so frustrated with the time suck and their thinly veiled attempts to defraud me that I swore I'll never go back. And I won't. And hopefully, anybody who reads this won't either, for their own financial good and "safety".
Salamat Mr.TC, yeah the brakes are bad scam is something we all need to share .. For whatever reason, women more susceptible to this .. even fighting they knowledgeable spouse. " Well,, they said__" line

Or " we can't let you leave "
---------
Lex Brodie's in Pahoa tried that line on me a few years ago.
They suddenly changed their mind when I asked the manager to wait while I called the police to come talk.