Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the good ol grateful dead...coverband
hey hare, took me a few minutes to figure out BK ... who is that? DUH. Does Stephen Inglis record?
I hear the Blue Dragon is good, haven't been, sounds like a nice venue, check out Luke's if you ever get up to Hawi.
Stephen definitely records and has done quite well..in fact if you ever listen to HPR (my old age is showing) they play him as intro/fade out music...when he was playing with Palolo Jones, he did the best of playing and even singing Jerry songs of anyone I have heard..he played some with Makana, another very talented young guy,,but ya he has a website , and a very humble nice guy, as is Makana
Thanks, hare, I'll make a note of Stephen. I'm a Makana fan.
Blue Dragon is a great place to see music. Try to catch my buddies Leche de Tigre when they play there once a month.
A friend of mine, Rick Turner was Owsley's partner in developing the Wall of Sound. Rick also made Jerry's guitars. He has some really really amazing stories
Would love to come out and see the band while we are there late September.Hope you can post your schedule. Having seen the Dead a long, long time ago...It would be fun. The Grateful Dead concert I went to seemed to last for about 8 hours. Back then we had all the time in the world.
We have a Led Zepplin cover band in Houston - "Black Dog". They are really good.
Aloha all of you. We are still trying to see if we can "pull this off" by august. If not it just might be september susan! I am so happy to see all the excitement and reveling of old dead tales. remember, are just a simple 4 person rock band who love the dead and like to jam their tunes. We are not trying to recreate the deads sound note for note. I will continue to post when the time comes for a show. and I would love for it to be a regular thing. [Smile]
thanks Mauka... I will try to check it out...
have you heard of Dark Star Orchestra?
Hey Abe,did you play your first show yet? What's the chance you will be playing in public this time next month? Would love to come out and see the band.
Do keep us posted. Live music is a good thing. I did go a lot to the Family Dog and saw GD. I remember JG hanging out by the ladies rest room door. Collecting adulation, I suppose or was that ogling the girls? Those were the days. Hitching a ride from Bezerkeley. I hate feeling this old, but I love to dance. Hope to see you guys on one of our visits.

Life goes on, with you or without you.
Peace and long life