Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Band Stand Oct 15 @ 2 pm Join the Movement
count me in.
I am my own boss, but work is peice meal at best in this economy.
Also the health care in the country is for the rich. the rest of us get the left overs and have to really pay for it.
See ya sat. for the protest.
Apparently there are more opportunities to protest in Hilo this Sat. I hear this is happening Kona side too.

"Occupy Hilo will be sign holding will in Hilo this Sat. Oct. 15th (World Unites Day) from 10AM till noon fronting Merrill Lynch (owned by bank of America)1437 Kilauea Ave. with a possible march to Mo'oheau Bandstand following the sign holding. Come and see for yourself what this is about. If you want to participate bring signs and musical instruments if you like.

There have been continuous protest that have grown every day since September 17. There are over 850 cities participating from Alaska to Florida and New York to Hawaii on Maui, Kauai, Oahu, in Kona and Hilo.

There are support protest around the world this Saturday. The United States have not seen civil unrest like this since the Vietnam war. Those in denial or that think this is a fringe movement are not paying attention. What you are seeing on CNN or Fox or the nightly news does not come close to showing the depth of this movement.

This will continue to grow for the simple fact that the economy will continue to fail. People will continue to lose their jobs, homes, pensions, and the dollar will continue to lose value that is reflected in things like food and gas prices rising.

Here are just a couple of thousands of occupy wall street related post flooding the internet.
I AM NOT MOVING - Short Film - Occupy Wall Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGRXCgMdz9A&feature=player_embedded

Occupy Boston: Police beat war veterans, 100 arrested

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=204116802994980&id=121...

Who do those war veterans think they are, daring to protest in the country they defended?

The police beat down a 74 year old Vietnam vet. You tell me who the criminal is. I say the police should be put on trial.

See everyone Saturday, we are not going away."
SECRET KNOWLEDGE - "NOT FOR US TO KNOW"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qs9v-upWI
What will those who come to the bandstand be doing, other than showing up as a body to be counted?
Will there be discussion? Does it matter if you are not on exactly the same page as protestors in NYC -- in other words, is it for everyone who wa ts to stand up for change? Will there be anything to sign?
Doesn't matter how much $ you have, Steve Jobs had Billions! Medical professionals couldn't extend his life.. So...

Live in the moment [Big Grin] Who isn't in debt these days?
We need a sign that says,
Honk, if your in DEBT"....LOL..

AS OUR WORLD TURNS...

quote:
Originally posted by Orchidlandguy

count me in.
I am my own boss, but work is peice meal at best in this economy.
Also the health care in the country is for the rich. the rest of us get the left overs and have to really pay for it.
See ya sat. for the protest.

"Who isn't in debt these days?"
I'm not. I don't spend more than I earn.

Is that what this is really about?
Hawaii residents share the national debt - part of which was paid out to the banksters, entitlements and lord knows what else......

1) The U.S. National Debt Clock – Today’s reading is: $10,843,363,903,850.78
2) The U.S. Population Clock – Today’s reading is 305,940,836
Whipping out the calculator, that works out to $35,446

$35,446 per man woman and child.... I live within my means also, make sacrifices and dont get food stamps etc...

- like to say i have zero debt - 'cept the $35,446.00 the gov't has added to my tab.

see you at the occupation

as of 2/27/09 think its been reduced any?

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2009/02/2...ed-states/

quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

Hawaii residents share the national debt - part of which was paid out to the banksters, entitlements and lord knows what else......

1) The U.S. National Debt Clock – Today’s reading is: $10,843,363,903,850.78
2) The U.S. Population Clock – Today’s reading is 305,940,836
Whipping out the calculator, that works out to $35,446

$35,446 per man woman and child.... I live within my means also, make sacrifices and dont get food stamps etc...

- like to say i have zero debt - 'cept the $35,446.00 the gov't has added to my tab.

see you at the occupation

as of 2/27/09 as of 10/1/2011 the number is $47,241.00 up 12k$ in two years

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2009/02/2...ed-states/

The Wall Street Journal reports:

"Families were more dependent on government programs than ever last year.

Nearly half, 48.5%, of the population lived in a household that received some type of government benefit in the first quarter of 2010, according to Census data. Those numbers have risen since the middle of the recession when 44.4% lived [in] households receiving benefits in the third quarter of 2008.

The share of people relying on government benefits has reached a historic high, in large part from the deep recession and meager recovery, but also because of the expansion of government programs over the years.

Means-tested programs, designed to help the needy, accounted for the largest share of recipients last year. Some 34.2% of Americans lived in a household that received benefits such as food stamps, subsidized housing, cash welfare or Medicaid (the federal-state health care program for the poor).

Another 14.5% lived in homes where someone was on Medicare (the health care program for the elderly). Nearly 16% lived in households receiving Social Security.

High unemployment and increased reliance on government programs has also shrunk the nation’s share of taxpayers. Some 46.4% of households will pay no federal income tax this year, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. That’s up from 39.9% in 2007, the year the recession began."

Of course, this only refers to those who get “benefits” from the feds. Millions more live directly on salaries paid by the feds. And then there are the millions more who live on salaries paid to them because of federal subsidies, tax angles, legal requirements and so forth. Think of the lawyer working for Goldman Sachs whose job is to keep the company from running afoul of the SEC. Think of the paper shuffler working at the University of Maryland whose job only exist because the feds subsidize education. Think of the private contractor getting paid billions to build the biggest embassies in the world.

They are all zombies...all doing things that probably shouldn’t be done at all...all draining the economy of real wealth.

And there are so many of them that the mathematics of democracy have now turned against it. More zombies than productive citizens. More people with a stake in further federal spending than people with a interest in stopping it.

And so, the feds borrow. The feds spend. And more and more of the real economy shifts away from real production...and towards the zombie economy...of pretend work and make-believe production.

-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".
No..it's about double standards for Politicians/Corporate CEO...
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

quote:
Originally posted by whalesong

No..it's about double standards for Politicians/Corporate CEO...
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

CEO's who took millions of dollars in bonuses after running their companies and stock into the ground, bonuses paid out of taxpayer bailout money NOT corporate profits. Makes me ill.

The film is now available on DVD ...
Inside Job, directed by Charles Ferguson, won the Academy Award.
Watch it if you want a simple painless way to know more about what went down.