Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP General Membership Meeting this Sunday
"The president also said that she called ahead of her meeting with the DOH to see if we needed a lawyer, and they told her we didn't. When she got there, the DOH had an state attorney there."

Pretty naive

Ed. to remove belly laugh...she is a volunteer, but really
I think she was being very honest with you. Do you not appreciate that?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Jerry - thank you for the update, and for speaking at the meeting. You're spot on.

Can you please post then the PMAR (PAR) scoping process begins, or when there is new documentation regarding it? Not only do I want to share my thoughts during scoping, but I also want to keep abreast of the latest.
Mahalo!

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

I always appreciate honesty
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

I think the "honesty" was good Rob, but didn't you find humor in the statement as a whole?? LOL That is right up there with "the check is in the mail", "Yes, I'll still respect you in the morning" and so on.

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

oh my, what a chicken house this is...gossip is just that..where is true problem solving exchange of ideas take place? please direct me
There is a very interesting U.S. Supreme Court case (Dolan v. Tigard) that, while not exactly similar to this issue, discusses "proportionality" in regards to what can be required by municipalities. For you curious ones, it is worth a google.
Kalakoa, then those 3 houses could complain about the mud insteadSmile

mac nut
I am admittedly a new HPP owner and therefore new to Puna/Hawaii politics, but I was at the member meeting Sunday and after seeing the number of people in attendance and realizing the number of homeowners that the board represents plus the millions of dollars that are in the treasury and continue to come into the treasury, I began to realize that we are no typical homeowners association. My perspective is that we have grown in to a small municipality. There are a huge number of municipalities on the mainland that are much smaller than we are and most of them are governed under city or town charters. Does anyone know the benefits of incorporating as a town or village? Perhaps we would have our own police force and qualify for federal/state/county funds? I'm pretty sure this idea must have come up before but I think it may be time to revisit it. It seems less likely that the Department of Health would be bringing a lawsuit against a village or town rather than a subdivision.
Hawaii has only one incorporated city, Honolulu. Hilo doesn't even have a city government, and it is the second biggest city in the state. This situation is unique to Hawaii in the United States. My understanding is that municipal incorporation has to get by the legislature, which is dominated by those who don't want to let go of the old plantation era centralized government operating out of Honolulu model. The neighbor islands are out voted in every facet of Hawaii government.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb