Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fungal infections
Hubby has all that stuff goin on....definately has candida. He buys a product called Threelac that has really helped with the rashes. I just read an email about Vicks Vapo Rub and its many unknown uses....they are sayin it will get rid of toenail fungus. Have tried many other "touted" cures, might as well try this one, at least it will stay on! Gotta go order the Threelac while I'm thinkin about it, Good Luck!
no. no pets right now. i never had this problem on the mainland, just developed it here, a few months after i came.

kathy
kathy
Kathy you really should get it typed
If its ringworm then OTC's just won't work.
They may slow down the rash but won't kill it.
Again good luck!
terra does threelac controls it or cures it? i can control it, i just cant seem to kill it.

kathy
kathy
mar thank you, will look into it

kathy
kathy
Hi Kathy,

Sounds like I had what you have. I never had any issue like this when I lived on the mainland either. I tried all the natural stuff too. Coconut oil, oregano oil, tea tree oil, when on a cleansing diet. No wheat, sugar, dairy. Did not work. Went to the doctor and he just told me to use over the counter fungal cream. Didn't work. Told me to use a different brand. Didn't work. I finally went to a different doctor and he prescribed clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream. It worked almost immediately. See if your doctor will prescribe this to you. Otherwise, I would suggest going to a different doctor.
I have been reading some interesting information on Genetian Violet.
Supposed to help fungal infections.
Very affordable.
Shave, Thank you!

can i ask you, did it work as in cured it? after how many days were all the symptoms gone? did you get a recurrence?

thank you again!

kathy
kathy
I think the directions were to use it daily for a week. After the first day, it was immensely better. There have been a couple of times since that I have gotten a little itchy, so I just use a little bit of the cream and then it's fine again. So I don't if it is "cured", but it has definitely been managed. Maybe once you gotten it, it's just easy to get again? I don't know. But I must say that it was a relief to find something that has worked after probably a year of searching. Good luck.
thank you Shave,

i will call my doc tomorrow and see if i can get the meds.

thank you again! Smile

aloha
kathy

kathy
kathy