Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fungal infections
Anyone else reading this as a 3 way ?
Too many posts before someone actually gave some sound advice and said see a doctor. Yep, this thread was weird and very suspicious.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
I believe the first post informed the reader that the doctor was of no use?
With three heads being better then one,brain storming and comparing notes seems the next step.
And if I read the comments correctly it looks like most posters suggested
some type of medical intervention.
I had what I thought were reoccurring fungal infections in the groin area. After several years of misery the wife changed fabric softener and it got worse. Upon discovering the connection I had her stop all fabric softener. I've had no problem since that time (several years).

Some fungal infections can feed on cortisone so be careful with it's use.

About 10 years ago I had to use a sulfur based medicine to get rid of particularly bad type of fungal infection. I believe it was called narcodia. Of course it doesn't present like ringworm.

If you can't get rid of it definitely see a doctor. If you still can't get it resolved see a different doctor. I was lucky with my rare variety as I was within driving distance (120 miles) of the University of Miami medical center. They specialize in rare and tropical diseases.

Good luck.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Chased what I thought was a fungal issue for almost a year

Local doc diagnosed fungal

Mainland doc diagnosed gout (I emailed him photos, followed up with a local blood draw for uric acid for confirmation)

hot sultry days, vog, stress (heat or emotional) and diet are the three variables I need to keep an eye on - hope this helps
When we first moved here I got what looked like a keloid (sp?) scar on my big toe...someone told me it was called Haole Rot and to use Head & Shoulders...I did that every day and let it sit there and I showered my whole body with it. It went away and never came back.

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Other things to try:
Monistat type cream for feminine yeast infections kills different fungi than the athletes' foot creams.
Also, probiotic capsules are like super strong yogurt.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
Maybe get some baby powder and dry it out? I find it kinda weird that one would run into people leaving the island having the same problem as you. I don't think I've heard of anyone leaving the island because of fungi infections ... Maybe a new trend! Smile Maybe a 5 way? Wink
There's another side of skin conditions and the environment. Outside of very rare athlete's foot infections I've never had any problems with fungal infections. However when we visited our son in Minneapolis in January a couple of years ago, he of course had the central heating on constantly. Within a day of arriving I began to develop rough, itchy (I suppose eczema) patches on the back of my hand. By the time we left a week later I had patches on my hands and arms. Presumably the very dry conditions associated with the heat. After returning to Puna they disappeared and have never returned. One more reason to never miss central heating.
One Word:
Tough Actin' Tinactin
Smile

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow