Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fungal infections
I have to admit that reading the graphic details in the first post I had to wonder if we were being trolled by one of the people who was kicked off punaweb in the past. After reading the responses I am counting myself lucky that I have never had fungal issues, maybe growing up someplace with 99% humidity and 90+ degree weather all summer gave me a resistance. I had a friend who was a medic in Vietnam who swore by ponds cold cream in his socks to prevent fungus issues, he also said polyester and poly blends were a really bad idea in humid climates.

Good luck all.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I picked up something like that back when 20 years ago during chemotherapy. Financially as well as physically hammered had to work in an oilfield fab shop for a couple years wearing fire resistant coveralls etc. No air through the clothing and heat and dirt and a mushy immune system. I ended up with a new socially unacceptable buddy, Fungus Iam WTF?.
Went through all the creams pills herbals even finally a few years back pouring undiluted clorox on the various places and washing it off(I am not recommending this one, but it did help for a while).

It is a long list sometimes something would work for awhile - Diflucan pills sometimes worked. The bleach worked for awhile, whoa, desperate? I destroyed a lot of clothing with bleach getting the maximum mix figured out. It is/was a combination thing that no air through the clothes, sugar, heat,soap residue and exhaustion all played a part in.
By two years ago I was a desperate man. Thousands of dollars spent in health food stores, doctors offices(including dermatologists), naturopaths,quacks,clothing, and my own despairing experiments. No troll here just a guy that knows a little something about what it can be like to spend a couple of decades walking bowlegged half the time.
Vicks VapoRub on my feet between my toes cleared it up there and every where else without putting it every where else. Worked well did once more after a year after a mild return. No lie.
Been going thru it for over 20 years.. My skin seems to pick it up easier. I have tried everything, then one day at the cardiologist office about 3 years ago I was talking to a nurse and she said her husband had the same problem.. There IS a solution which she shared with me Smile

Get yourself regular dandruff shampoo and use it as a soap on the infected areas, it's usually gone within a day or two. Use it everywhere you sweat, like armpits, chest, groin area etc. Its not painful to use and you don't have to get the really expensive type just the generic works. I didn't believe the nurse at first but had nothing to lose.. been using it when ever it starts up and it never fails. Its the Zinc pyrithione in it.. Its both an antifungal and antibacterial. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_pyrithione
Do you live alone? Have you tried going naked and airing the areas out? Maybe sleeping without clothing? I don't know..... I know that if you have fungus on your feet and you keep it exposed to air and sunlight it helps.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Second what oink and Bullwinkle said - make sure it's really fungal. I had what looked for sure like a ringworm-type fungal rash on my finger, with a group of slightly itchy raised bumps in an oval. When I tried an OTC antifungal on it, it just exploded, moving onto all of my fingers and becoming very painful (and that was after just one day, because I stopped it immediately).

It eventually settled back down, but it turns out it was some kind of eczema which seems to be set off by, of all things, vegetables like lettuce and zucchini. Now it's mostly gone, but if I have even just a couple pieces of lettuce (more than one sandwich every week or so) the skin on the tip of one finger becomes dry, cracked, and painful for a couple of weeks.

So the upshot is, it's possible to have strange, subtle allergies that develop when you're older and that you're not aware of. Food (including things that your food absorbs from the soil), detergents, etc.
Noni! I believe in Noni! Try blending up a fresh noni with a little aloe juice until it is a frothy thick mixture then apply that to an infected area. If it doesn't make the infection completey go away (I am betting it would) it will at least provide a cooling relief! Keep leftover mixture in a covered container in a very cold fridge and use as often as needed. Wild noni grows on the Kalapana coastline...
islandgirl
Taking an internal dose of Noni juice wouldn't hurt either. Noni has antibacterial and antifungal qualities.
islandgirl
Hawaii Department of Health has some pages on local fungus infections and their sources. Some are contagious. Best to consult with a doctor rather than experimenting with street treatments.

http://hawaii.gov/health/DIB/Sporotrichosis.html
Sporotrichosis
http://hawaii.gov/health/DIB/Histoplasmosis.html
Histoplasmosis

Another source about the ringworm related fungus:
http://www.normangoldsteinmd.com/TINEA.HTML
Tinea Versicolor

The shallow waters around Kapoho are loaded with many different bacteria also. Quite a few tourists get staph infections from the warm ponds and they get quietly whisked away, not good for tourism. The warm pond may have morphed into a bacteria soup factory. It wasn't warm before the 1960 eruption.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
I got a infection/rash on my shin 8 yrs ago and the only thing that calms it down for long periods is vagisil, and no sugar, or if I get the flu/cold and run a fever the rash has gone away for awhile.

Mine came from the monstera sap originally and morphed into something else. Was given all sorts of crap and anti-biotics from docs and they did a biopsy and couldnt identify it... worst was the immunosuppressant cream they gave me...

Finally holistic RN looked at it and said I dont know what it WAS but now it is a yeast infection. Vagisil is perfect when it flairs up. Nothing else works for more than a few days - done the tea tree oil, mac nut oil, aloe, even Noni (YUCK!), Hydrogen peroxide, alcohol (mouthwash), head and shoulders shampoo, etc etc etc - every new flavor of the day treatment.
But did you try Adolphs Meat Tenderizer?

I was just reading Bullwinkles cure for bug bites hmmm.

[Smile]