Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow
I think the prices are outrageous and for the owner to have the audacity to charge such high prices he should pay the line cook more then $7.25/hr! That's unheard of! On the mainland line cooks make MUCH more, so it's only right to pay what's fair, especially if you're making LOTS OF PROFIT.
Holy cow JohnP get over the $7.25 an hour. If you are so wonderful of a cook, chef or whatever you are I am sure you can find a job paying $50 plus an hour! It appears you signed up on this site specifically just to bash this business.

If this place is such a dump, so run down, such terrible service and will be closed in a month or less then how can there be so much PROFIT!

I for one am glad to have a new place in Pahoa to eat and I wish them well. They have been great both times I have been there. It's nice to see some jobs open up here rather than in Hilo.

Use that wonderful mind and skill set of yours and start your own business. Obviously, you know how to do everything and I am sure you can start a new business model where you put all of your money and ideas into a place and run it for not profit. Instead of constantly complaining, do your own thing.

Remember that your business model is to not make money. I am sure we are all looking forward to patronizing the wonderful establishment that you open up. Please do keep us all informed.

I'm sorry, I had to feed the troll!!!

P.S. This ain't the mainland! Rant over....
Well said, Hawaii Bound.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
It looks like JohnP and JackR (from the restaurant's reviews for Yelp) are related. It's almost the same review verbatim.
Anyway...he's reviewed only a few other restaurants on Yelp and yes...you guessed it... given the same one star review that he is famous for.
Sounds to me like this guy just likes to whine!

"Stop Whining! Vote with your money!"
"Vote with your money!"
JohnP, While i do hear you and understand your point, I think there would be much more credibility if we heard from one of the line cooks there. My guesws is that they are very happy to be there for whatever reason.
From the majority of reviews sounds like we gotta try it and take cash when we do.

I looked up JohnP's ... I mean JackR's...reviews on Yelp and all 3 of his - all posted 5/10/13 were negative.... is there any place you venture that you like?

JohnP, you've apparently alienated your audience to the point that even folks who weren't planning on going in the first place, now want to go just to prove you wrong.

That said, I agree it's a bit risky getting in and out of that location. And upon reflection, it's probably one of the subtle reasons I never went there before. But now I'm determined to brave the entrance and exit. Smile
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
this place won't last, no one will pay sky high prices for small portions. the location sucks, no atmosphere. especially when word gets out he offered to pay line cooks min wage. expect low quality food if that's all he can offer to pay his line cook. end of story. true suckers will go there to say they tried it, but go ahead and waste your $. only good restaurant in hilo are pineapples and lucy's, everywhere else with the exception of 1 or 2 places have no idea what quality food is, and i wouldn't expect people in puna who spend their life on a computer blogging anonymously to know either. ignorance is bliss, stay happy Smile
O.K. John725ptruesuckerwaste,your 1/2 right on Lucy's and Pineapples ... I wonder which you worked for prior ?

OK JohnP, What do you think of Kaleo's? Location of the Place you talk about is not the best ,But where would you start one with a low start up FEE? Give him a chance, Time will tell!

Most Punatics will not pay over $10.00 for a meal, Not you Pog