Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow
wow JohnP, you are really down on the people that work there. Don't you think they need the job and money? yes it might not be the greatest, but it is something. If you don't like it, go get yourself an EBT and see if you fair any better. I, for one would take care of myself and the locals....
Punafish has it 110% correct -- I was already going to check it out based on what everyone here has been saying about the food, but when I saw that the place had a HATER, I knew it had to be great!
quote:
Originally posted by Johnp... blogging anonymously to know either. ignorance is bliss, stay happy Smile

I find this interesting.... most of the people who have posted here are not anonymous - to me anyway. I know at least 9 of them in real life and take their opinions seriously whether I end up agreeing with them or not in the end.

I agree with Rob that the driveway is scary and that is why when Pookie's moved there we did not go there as often as we did when Pookie's was in the Malama Marketplace.

But yes, we will brave the driveway for Southern BBQ especially if it turns out to be really good.

***But not to leave Smoking Jo's out of the mix - their spicy coleslaw is awesome and so is the brisket! And the price is good!

Just in case anyone wants to know what the food portions look like... This is the $18 combo platter. With ribs, pulled pork and pulled chicken. Our sides we chose were beans and coleslaw and we ordered a price of cornbread.

The plate was HUGE (that doesn't really show in the picture). My husband and I were hungry. We shared this platter and then took home a whole nuther meal! lol We were sooooo stuffed.

We SHARED this plate. So it would be considered less than $10/person.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/h...0172_n.jpg

Hopefully the link works, it's on my facebook page.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Darn, That made me hungry.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The wife will have to roll me outta there and if I am happy, I will not mind leaving an 18% tip.....
Two good places in Pahoa for this style food.
I am and will continue patronize both.
(Smokey Jo's and this new one).

quote:
Originally posted by Johnp

this place won't last, no one will pay sky high prices for small portions. the location sucks, no atmosphere. especially when word gets out he offered to pay line cooks min wage. expect low quality food if that's all he can offer to pay his line cook. end of story. true suckers will go there to say they tried it, but go ahead and waste your $. only good restaurant in hilo are pineapples and lucy's, everywhere else with the exception of 1 or 2 places have no idea what quality food is, and i wouldn't expect people in puna who spend their life on a computer blogging anonymously to know either. ignorance is bliss, stay happy Smile

AMAZING!

There are two threads on this forum on how horrible Pineapples is. One thread on here saying how great the $7.25 places is. You talk down on the $7.25 place that everybody loves, and talk up the place that everybody says sucks. I wonder which one you have worked for?

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15833&SearchTerms=pineapples

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15811&SearchTerms=pineapples

ooops... THREE threads on how bad Pineapples is:

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13813
I actually thought Pineapples was quite good. I was invited to lunch there and was apprehensive after reading all the people complaining about it, but I liked it (both food and service). That was mid-March though, after those threads ended; don't know if they improved any with time.
They still busy every time I go past ... Maybe due to JPs marketing ? ... LOL

aloha,
pog