Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Kill Or Not To Kill ?
With the understanding the Ag. 1 or larger subdivisions will be excepted in this provision as currently zoned by intent and ratified by the current residents. Subject to approval by those with some skin in the game - refugees voting with their feet - grin
No you dont shoot into the air in a residential area not with a rifle (rim or centerfire)you dont shoot rifles in the air or pistols unless your nuts. Legal safety zone in P.A.(distance you must be from a home to discharge a firearm) is 100 yards far enough to render any shotgun harmless 25 yards from a roadway. You are however responsible for damage caused by your projectile no matter where it was fired from. Back to the rooster, does he belong to a neighbor? ( dont want to kill a neighbors anything around here} If not is it legal for you to kill this rooster in a humane way? If so will you eat this rooster? maybe use his hackles to tie some flies if so, I say cook him up. Otherwise I have seen lots of other solutions mentioned in the previous posts. I have even found people to take the groudhogs I shoot to feed their families or I wouldnt shoot them. You cant make enemies much quicker around here than by killing and not using wild animals. Though most people arent concerned with coyotes rats or ground hogs and I havent found any one to eat rats and coyotes. This is in no way directed at oneself just my opinion on the O.P.
Ag. 1 or larger subdivisions will be excepted

Then no new reglations are necessary; simply rezone all 1-acre (or smaller) Ag lots to FA, at which point 25-5-62(14) only allows livestock where "any enclosure for the keeping of permitted animals shall be located at least seventy-five feet from any lot line."

I have a special fondness for Hare Krishnas. Why not trap the loud offender and take him for a ride, roosters love veggie food .
" With that being said, since some people on here feel a need to gossip like a hair salon, "

Oh shoots ... There is a REAL easy way to avoid that Oneself.

Follow your own rules.
I have no problem with someone killing a rooster if they are going to eat it.

Find out if it belongs to a neighbor, the neighbor might want to kill the rooster and eat it themselves.

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
"Also keep in mind that people are arrested all the time for COCK fighting. "

calling this as BS
quote:
Originally posted by dayna

Find out if it belongs to a neighbor, the neighbor might want to kill the rooster and eat it themselves.

Dayna

If it belongs to a neighbor - why are they allowing it to trespass? If you have livestock - it's your responsibility to corral it.
I agree 100%. I raise livestock. And I would assume if my livestock left my farm that someone might eat it.

I'm saying *I* would ask that question. Maybe I should be more clear in the future.....

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
There are a lot of feral chickens in Puna. They escape or are left behind by moving neighbors and go feral all the time. That is how we ended up with a feral flock on our street. One guy moved back to the mainland and turned his hens loose, then when the cock farmer finally moved out of his rental he left a rooster. The rooster and broody hens did what chickens do and then we had multiple feral roosters who spent the entire night crowing back and forth at random intervals. I get up at 5 every morning to go to work, and they were causing me to only get 5 or fewer hours of sleep every night, which is not healthy. I am enough of an insomniac on my own, I don't need help form roosters.

We eventually trapped all the roosters and took them to the humane society, and made the mistake of leaving the hens. The drive to reproduce was strong, so one of the hens went down to the other end of our street and proudly lead a rooster home for the flock. This guy managed to sire a multitude of chicks; if the feral cats weren't getting them we would be headed back to the multiple roosters scenario. We will be trapping the entire flock and taking them to the humane society as a permanent solution to the problem. Putting up with what Kalakoa constantly refers to as "accepted Ag. uses" is one thing, but no one has to put up with feral roosters trespassing onto their property and causing sleepless nights. Maybe some of you can just ignore it, but everyone has different tolerances for noise pollution, and different sleep needs, and for some of us a rooster crowing outside our bedroom is too hard to just ignore. Sleep is essential to health and people have the right to sleep undisturbed by noise coming from their own property.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb