Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent flow activity
So HA is safe for now? Thank goodness. My husband and I have been joking all week that it would be typical if the volcano went off just when we finished paying for it. At first we were due to finish our mortgage last year at the end if the Myan calendar, but we reduced our payments instead and put it off a year. We probably saved the planet Smile

#10048;
#10048;
REFI BIRCHL!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... REFI !!!
"I like to think of thread tangents like the prize in the Cracker Jack box. The package says Cracker Jack, and you know you're going to get Cracker Jack, but sometimes that little prize made your day."

HOTPE, did you ever find a troll in that Cracker Jack box? Smile
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
I guess a little back on topic....

Latest map... even if a bit old but interesting non the less.

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/maps/uploads/image-91.jpg

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX
What does REFI stand for??

#10048;
#10048;
Large flows atop the mtn last night quite a treat expecting more tonight.
Birchl, REFI is refinance, and yes go for another 30 years so we will be safe!
Lmao

#10048;
#10048;
continuing to stray off subject - why extend the indentured servitude (mortgage borrowing) for another 30 years? ..... pay that sucker off as soon as you can if you truly want to be free.....

no future in being a wage slave to keep the credit card, car payments and mortgage flowing - not really the Hawaiian life style imho

We seem to do quite well driving beaters - refreshing to see all the auto parts stores in town - hardly any on my last mainland visit.......grin
Back to topic, here is the other, more detailed June 30th image:
http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/maps/uploads/image-90.jpg

We had a bit more helicopter traffic this weekend than normal, so there may be a little more extension on this flow on the next update

When trying to guess what the flow will do next, ya gotta think of all the weird dynamics of a flow, the latent heat of the previous flows, the expansion of the flow as it off-gasses, the way it can change characteristics from pahoehoe to a`a and back in a single flow... so many variables just boggle my mind....

Then there are all of the dynamics of our power grid...way too much to keep into a single thread (and much of the power generation has been hashed over many times in previous threads), so please open a new or search the old!

Edited : to a new thread!We have steam turbines here, and one of the oldest power generation tubines is still churning out our power, (the only HEICO owned renewable source on island)... so no need to go off island to bring in your steam turbines stories or pro/anti renewables or.....

For those that want more INTELLIGENT research on our power issues, Kohala Center website is a great resource...