Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piano: Treating for Termites?
How are you on the instrument ? Maybe just play for them ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYuw7Ztrps

aloha,
pog

Kelena and everyone ... A beautiful song played on a " Nude piano " by Bobby Jo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKWP9x6Voj4

aloha,
pog
Ah, Haiku. Ah, Maui. Ah, Dragon Mama feeding me dragon's blood, ah, flowing river.

Ah. Norah and "I Don't Know Why". Guess I wasn't that into it after all! Love it. One wrong move and that expensive harp goes in the drink. Den, no termites!
Sorry, Pog, that second link (nude piano aka "Celtic harp") didn't work for me. I had a Celtic upbringing and that harp and song just wasn't right, didn't feel Celtic at all. Just like me and Hawaii, there are occasional times when the islands and myself are mutually incompatible, although only rarely I'm happy to add!
Shoots and cheers Tom, termites or a na'id, did you hear that a piano is a harp in a coffin ?

Not sure Jessie's nationality.

aloha,
pog
Never heard it described that way, Pog, but I do get it - strings and all that. It's just at the start of the video it says Celtic Harp/Voice, and I just don't think it is. The harp may well be a Celtic one but it's not playing Celtic music.

There is a group that plays in Hilo every so often, real Celtic stuff (both Irish and Scottish) but can't remember their name right now. They're very good. Don't think they know much about termite treatments though. Sorry.

PS. Edited to add, just so I don't appear so negative, Bobbie can certainly play the harp very well!
Cheers again Tom,

Please educate me now how specific YOU would like me to be as per my future posts, links and responses to all things from that side of the world so I do not have to endure your criticism.

Don't think I need to educate you at all. You're a fun person to deal with. If I've offended you I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.
Hey -- MY THREAD.

I would say a piano is a harp in a coffin being smacked by little hammers wrapped in velvet gloves. It is generally best not to try to play piano in a river though, or to play a keyboard in the back of a truck in a Chicago winter, but I admire the sense of adventure. Who PUT that harp there?? It is sitting on ROCKS!

I am definitely John Thompson Book Two and so will impress no one. I am doing this instead of Sudoku and to distract me from all that other stuff.
The frame of the piano that the strings are attached to is actually called the "Harp" of the piano. Many old honkey-tonk pianos get their bell or brassy tone from the cast metal construction of their harp.

Had a bunch of celtic harp playing friends. Even the larger ones are not hugely heavy, (actually no more cumbersome than a cello for most of them) and have known harp players that love to play along streams & rivers... maybe part of that soothing the savage beast quality of the harp!