Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People of Leilani ordered tested ? - PGV
Your own words, Bob, 3/4 of the way down the page that you and I linked back to.

"As I am sitting here writing these reports, I just learned that ON Thursday night during the storm as many were listening to the radio about island reports, Sherry Bracken and several other broadcast personalities, reported that "PGV" , was having an un-controlled release of TOXIC GASES."

You did spread the false rumor of an uncontrolled release, which was started by someone without real knowledge of the truth (the reporter).
You have continued to perpetuate this "uncontrolled release" rumor in post after post. PGV started the release, on purpose, as part of the EPA's approved plan for events just like this. Please tell all of us how that reporter knew there were "toxic gases" being released? She didn't. She sensationalized her report, just as you have sensationalized your posts on the subject.
OBob,could you please post a link, or tell me where you obtained this information?

"The mayor and civil defense has ordered special tests at the emergency room for anyone who felt effects from the uncontrolled gas release during the storm from the geothermal plant. Only after pressure from Puna Pono Alliance and especially Bob Petricci."

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Your own words, Bob, 3/4 of the way down the page that you and I linked back to.

"As I am sitting here writing these reports, I just learned that ON Thursday night during the storm as many were listening to the radio about island reports, Sherry Bracken and several other broadcast personalities, reported that "PGV" , was having an un-controlled release of TOXIC GASES."

You did spread the false rumor of an uncontrolled release, which was started by someone without real knowledge of the truth (the reporter).
You have continued to perpetuate this "uncontrolled release" rumor in post after post. PGV started the release, on purpose, as part of the EPA's approved plan for events just like this. Please tell all of us how that reporter knew there were "toxic gases" being released? She didn't. She sensationalized her report, just as you have sensationalized your posts on the subject.

I believe that people really got sick, and they got that way
from breathing toxic fumes from PGV's accident. their were other reporters their with Sherry Bracken, and they also were worried.
I don't think we should just let PGV off the hook every time they screw up - remember this isn't the first time they have had issues , and the fact that not any meaningful change has occurred as evidenced by this event ( to me, hearing from Civil Service updates at the time
That emergency response was dispatched to the event. as I understand they were unable to reach PGV as all the roads had downed trees, and were impassable.
To me the jury is still out on whether to call this event a controlled event, as many have not been able yet to talk about any of this, since that area is just now getting their power infrastructure
worked on, as lots of crews were working in Nanavalley today. To the Mayor's credit he was forthcoming in providing medical attention to those injured in this event.
Also I would say show us the EPA's approved plan for events just like this- then I would add that that plan should have been brought out before any of this happened. And as far as the statement "for events like this" Tell me how many other places are as unique as this area in so many ways as to be able to put forth a "one plan fits all" idea that has any credibility.?
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

OBob,could you please post a link, or tell me where you obtained this information?

"The mayor and civil defense has ordered special tests at the emergency room for anyone who felt effects from the uncontrolled gas release during the storm from the geothermal plant. Only after pressure from Puna Pono Alliance and especially Bob Petricci."

Thanks

Hi Carey, This was live reporting as the storm was occurring and was coming from (I believe the Kona side, and don't have an "offical link", although I think Chas's report was as offical as we will get. I have a a friend that is a county lifeguard, and he told me that the emergency response for PGV was stopped by fallen trees everywhere and could not pass to PGV, so in that sense it seems to me that we only have PGV'S version of the purported truth of the event. I was taught to "question authority" , so that is what I do, as our history shows that we "the people" have to pursue this line of reasoning, and to hold people accountable for their actions , especially Corporations, which have a remarkably tendency to trespass on our rights without due compensation or penalty.
Can you provide a copy of "Chas's report"?

Did you go to the ER for the testing? what tests were given?
Carey,

See the thread "Would it wise for PGV at this time to prepare? "

Chas
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

Can you provide a copy of "Chas's report"?

Did you go to the ER for the testing? what tests were given?

I have never claimed to have been injured in this event - although I was a bit bothered that in the days before the event that I could not talk with any body at PGV about their state of readiness for the event, this however does not qualify as an emergency (bothered).
Follow up on Chas if you want, I don't think that is necessary myself.
CHAS OBOB...
The only report I could find on the other thread was the NPR interview with FORMER mayor Kim with no mention of testing:

I could find nothing about the Mayor & Civil Defense ordering residents to be tested for anything in that report...

This is not a joke, This has gone BEYOND THIS THREAD & may end up costing folks that have no idea how to verify the statement made here...

It seems that if people do go the Hilo ER for the testing OBob has advocated, they will get a BILL FOR THE TESTS...

I think everyone can see that this post may end up costing some of the least able & already disenfranchised members more than OBob had anticipated in this post...

PLEASE if you have any PROOF OF THIS, and it is not just heresay...PROVIDE IT... some people we are trying to help that desperately need THE TRUTH, not heresay

"In the middle of storm clean up, why would a group long opposed to geothermal power gather for a meeting? Puna Pono Alliance says their meeting on Tuesday was a direct result of what happened just as Iselle was approaching Hawaii Island. Puna Geothermal Power was still operating and released fluid and vented hydrogen sulfide into the air. The group says that seems to make the point that either PGV was incompetent or indifferent. Former Big Island Mayor Harry Kim joined the show with his thoughts on the situation."

Carey,

See further down in the post about what I saw on the Weather Channel.

However, my post was only pointing out that there were reports of a gas release at the plant. It had nothing to do with and I know of no testing being ordered.

I was only responding to people who were being ridiculed for saying there was a gas release.

Chas
OBOB then it is NOT IN CHAS'S REPORT>>>PLEASE SUPPLY WHERE YOU GOT THIS INFORMATION!!!

This is not a joke! If you thought it up, PLEASE - TELL THE TRUTH.