Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Pono Alliance Assault?
Wow, pretty sad our community can't have a civil conversation. I don't think it's funny at all.

quote:
Originally posted by lquade

no wonder puna doesnt get services, this just perpetuates the notion that the land is full of drug-crazed people who cant go an hour without feeding their habits and acting like civilized humans. i hope that the official did press charges, so the rest of us can get needed info from the county.

quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

Actually, unwanted touching is considered assault. If you watch, it is Petricci that first puts his arm on the guy and the guy indicates the touching was unwanted. Then whatever Petricci whispered to him, really set him off.

I agree with you both. In all fairness, the situation could have been diffused, but it escalated when Bob Petricci puts his arm on the guy's shoulder and appears to be pulling him out of the spotlight. Nobody should be touching anyone else without consent unless it's a cop who just might be at any future meetings.

There's no excuse for that knucklehead's behavior though, disrupting the meeting like that and then actually throwing punches.

Did they catch the guy? I can just see the cops chasing a bicycle. I'm sure Obie's laughing his @ss off right now.
quote:
Originally posted by punaticbychoice

Never take anything at face value.
Who is this guy? Who are his friends?
Why did he do what he did? Just an upset individual response?
What interests were served by this "outburst"?
Just some questions that should be answered before conclusions are reached.

Obviously, he was an Ormat plant to discredit the anti-geothermal side. The woman pleading his case at the end just shows how deep under cover he was.
Thank you for that morning laugh. Reminds me of when my mother owned a mental health care facility.
With all the screaming I am still not sure what was even said.

"Did they catch the guy? I can just see the cops chasing a bicycle. I'm sure Obie's laughing his @ss off right now."

I was going to post a big long commentary but this just proves my point !

Bob Petricci is creating panic and paranoia in an area of the Island that doesn't need any prodding !!

Nothing serious happened !

Big scary noise !

"Bob Petricci is creating panic and paranoia in an area of the Island that doesn't need any prodding !!"

exactly!

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Couple of things to think about:

HAAS is a public, tax payer funded facility. Did Puna Pono alliance pay for this to be an event that is exclusive? Or was it a public event? If so, even if this guy was totally out of order, was his free speech rights compromised?

If anything, Petricci and Hirakami should have recognized that this guy was already on a roll. He was "tight" so to speak, filled with emotion. Yes, he was out of order, but enough to have Petricci put his arm around him and try to remove him? If anything, the first "blow" was thrown by Bob.

From there, the guy can easily state that he "jabbed" both Hirakami and Petricci to keep them off of him. Again, Petricci took the first physical action. If you watch the video, both Petricci and Hirakami follow the guy in what could be perceived to be an "aggressive manner." I don't know if Hirakami's "I'm a State Agent" piece applies.

Don't hate the messenger here. I'm simply calling it as I see it. Yes, that guy was a jackass, but did he break any laws? Or could all of this been easily avoided by Hirakami and PPA simply ending the meeting over his shouts....thus letting him "shout himself out." Petricci's attempt to headlock him obviously set him off further. That could all have been avoided.
Yes, HAAS is a State School but not in the afternoon or on weekends. It is located on non-profit land owned by Arts & Sciences Center. This was explained at the beginning of the meeting. Find something else to criticize.
Look at it this way;

The guy was being a dick. He got touched. He false cracked a couple of people. He rode away.

And he rode away...with his knees pumping higher than the handlebars, the haole guy rides off on a kids bike yelling racial slurs....about haoles. He was riding down Pahoa Village Road as fast as he can with blue lights flashing on his back. Did the cops pull over the bike or did he finally get his helicopter evacuation?

If anyone video taped that arrest please sync it up with the "Cops" theme song and maybe a little Hawaii Five-O too. This could be be a great future episode for Dog The Bounty Hunter. I would do pay-per-view to see Dog's wife Beth tackle the guy while he's pumping his legs as fast as he can on that children's bike!

Book'em Dano