Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you use in Pahoa?
Punalover, I like your name!
Sincerely,

punalvr
punalvr
I've been wondering about veterinary services for the "far side" especially large animal care. The farmers on that side who have livestock are going to be more important than ever and they will need vet services, plus many people have pets too.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I love the new Long's, Malama Market and the gas stations there. But I don't know if there can ever be a gas station in Pahoa again after the lava passes - wouldn't that be dangerous?
Keaau might just see a growth spurt... anything east of that is a gamble .

When in Rome.. Do as the Romans do....
We moved to Hawaiian Beaches 5 years ago because it was close to the Pahoa Pool. We swam laps or did water aerobics there 3-4 times a week. I will greatly miss the pool when or if it has to close.

FYI, the pool was closed today because it had to be refilled. (Not sure why but sounds like a contamination issue, to put it delicately.)

It is supposed to be open again tomorrow.

I also have frequented Malama (store and gas station), Paul's gas, Subway, Luquin's, Kaleo's, Jan's, Natural Foods, the farmer's market, Paradise, Ace Hardware, Lex Brodie, the auto repair store across from Burger King, Long's, the Senior Center and the library.

I am very sad to lose all semblance of the lifestyle I've had up to now in paradise.
Gosh, this thread sounds like an ongoing funeral before the death of Pahoa!

punalvr
punalvr
Yoga in Pahoa kupukupu center. Great classes. Kaleos once in a while, island nat much more often. The bookstore, jungle love and the ethanol free gas I still don't believe it. Uncle Roberts on Wed nite......
It's a place down in Kalapana/Seaview
has farmers markets, theatrical productions, classes, other stuff

quote:
Originally posted by mmbvd7

S.P.A.C.E.??? What does that mean please?

Best wishes

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >(>
quote:
Originally posted by pahoachick

We moved to Hawaiian Beaches 5 years ago because it was close to the Pahoa Pool. We swam laps or did water aerobics there 3-4 times a week. I will greatly miss the pool when or if it has to close.

FYI, the pool was closed today because it had to be refilled. (Not sure why but sounds like a contamination issue, to put it delicately.)

It is supposed to be open again tomorrow.

I also have frequented Malama (store and gas station), Paul's gas, Subway, Luquin's, Kaleo's, Jan's, Natural Foods, the farmer's market, Paradise, Ace Hardware, Lex Brodie, the auto repair store across from Burger King, Long's, the Senior Center and the library.

I am very sad to lose all semblance of the lifestyle I've had up to now in paradise.

The pool closure was one of the periodic closures for maintenance, it was on the fall schedule when it was posted on the 1st. We are going to really, really miss that pool too, I work in Hilo but the schedules aren't good for my work schedule.

Carol

Polish Proverb
Carol

Polish Proverb
Longs, Longs, Longs, Island Natch, Pool, Malama, Post Office, Library, Dump, Luna Sophia's Yoga, Community Center, Bookstore, Kaleos & occasionally Burger King, but boycotting now because of their escaping paying taxes by moving operations to Canada.