Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT groundbreaking - live
My issue wasn't with what some hothead protester said. My issue was with the ensuing discussion that repeatedly used "haole" in a manner that was obviously intended to be derogatory, as it's usually intended. That and the defense of it's use in this and another thread that celebrated it's use as courageous. My general opinion of the protesters isn't high but I've made no effort to further educate myself on the incident so I have no strong opinion.

ps: I'm trying to be done with this thread but you seemed to want a response. Done unless you specifically want a response from me, which I don't forsee.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
As far as I'm concerned this is much ado about nothing.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Yeah, that was wrong. Here is how I usually hear it;

(her) Hunny, I got a flat tire coming up the hill after work
(him) damn those tires from Costco are still new.
(her) Nathan stopped and helped me change it.
(him) Oh that Nathan, he's a good Haole. I'll drop a case of Coronas off at his house come payday.
(her) Luv you hunny.
(him) Luv you too!
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...ws-blocked

Would it be legal to blockade the activists from getting up the road?

Cheers,
Kirt
It would be legal to have a police officer declare himself the crossing guard and stop the protestors long enough to allow the workers to pass. Our county administration does not have the courage to do this, however. My guess is that they will allow the biggest new economic impetus on this island in decades to be held up indefinitely, hoping that the demonstators lose interest and fade away without the county having to take action.
PM2, please listen to da kine, so sick of your mouth talking about Hawaiians like you're some expert. The nerve of some people...

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island
SM,
Please note you are replying to a post made last October, quoting what post you are referring to would be helpful to readers of the thread, especially when you are responding to something from months ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

PM2, please listen to da kine, so sick of your mouth talking about Hawaiians like you're some expert. The nerve of some people...

Is the work on TMT still being blockaded? Whats the haps?
Is it not true that normal, non-royalty Hawaiians of the past were not even allowed to go up there?
Kinda sad, coming from a space and science point of view.

Not sure what can be done, tho, I think the law should step in and do something. If not, what's next? Protesters chaining themselves together to not let the trucks pass to go build it?

This is just the tip of the BS that is going to continue to happen unless the cops come and deal with the problem. Otherwise, might as well, just pull out and find a place that will respect the project, the science and the tech. As it's pretty clear, that hawaii doesn't deserve it. Most people and most hawaiians are on board, it's just the the few that spoil it for the bunch (as usual) right? Biting the hand that feeds.

There was a big protest at UH as well. I think they should have protested at the museum instead the UH library. As most of the students are for the telescope, I didn't see one student talking to anyone at the protest tables. It was just a waste of time as usual.

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX