Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court remands TMT sublease
Tomk, thank you for the recent article.
Looks like a different or renewed approach has been taken by the TMT campaign, adding a few more groups in the mix( like Richard Ha's). That foreign guy speaking at the end of the video sounded very impatient, he also lacked the respect for the many hawaiian sensitivities and concerns, jmo. I got something like this from him, The TmT's part of the big telescope race needed to start construction now and they are ready!

Here is a slightly older article that helps explain the great importance of this telescope and the heavily invested race our community is now caught up in.

http://www.siliconvalley.com/latestheadl...ck_check=1

Without the construction even starting yet it makes me curious as to why or how the TMT's project's cost estimate of 780 million could have climbed up over 1.4 billion already?

Looks like a different or renewed approach has been taken by the TMT campaign, adding a few more groups in the mix

It could also be that other Native Hawaiian voices now wish to be heard. Voices that may have been drowned out by those who were the loudest last summer. I look forward to hearing from all Native Hawaiians on this issue.

Oscar Wilde's Last Words: "Either this wallpaper goes, or I do."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"It could also be that other Native Hawaiian voices now wish to be heard. Voices that may have been drowned out by those who were the loudest last summer. I look forward to hearing from all Native Hawaiians on this issue."

However, that's nowhere near as interesting as a made up conspiracy theory. As for the cost, the scope of the project has simply changed over the years, but it is important to understand the increase is not a cost to the Big Island, in fact it's the complete opposite, it means even more money would end up being invested here.
"That foreign guy speaking at the end of the video sounded very impatient, he also lacked the respect for the many hawaiian sensitivities and concerns [...]"

Those damn foreigners, no matter where you go they just keep turning up. They even speak with funny accents. You can even tell they have no respect even from a short video clip. Why are they allowed here?
That person with the strange foreign accent wasn't talking about "Hawaiian sensitivities and concerns" so how do you know he lacked respect for them? Does he have to say "if that is okay with The Protectors" at the end of every sentence?
That guy was fine in the video I was just giving my two cents to how he made me feel after watching it, my bad.
Folks like this hawaiian ocean protector in this video about the current homeless situation is one of my all-time favorite real life local hero's. Its to bad(for me) he couldn't have done the end of that TMT promoted news video, jmo. It pleases me to see Him with another hat(homeless ambassador) sharing his opinions about such an important issue that also concern's thousands of hawaii residents. Yes, I find TMT type of projects related to our states homeless emergency.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/homeless-in-hawaii/

Couple questions here about the TMT project for Hawaii.

Would the TMT project or decades of its operation help fight against our states growing homeless crises, how?

Or Would a billion dollar plus project like the TMT's further promote or increase this type of homeless lifestyle for our future local generations to come, why?

Yes, I find TMT type of projects related to our states homeless emergency.

gypsy,
There sure were a lot of people camped out, and living under blue tarps last summer on Mauna Kea, weren't there? But I can assure you, all those people were not homeless, although it may have looked that way. Every one of them drove up the mountain in 5 MPG oversized dually wheeled, king cab pickups, not one grocery cart to be found.

Oscar Wilde's Last Words: "Either this wallpaper goes, or I do."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I fail to see how a telescope has anything to do with homelessness.
But in general, the better the economy, the less homeless people you see - the ones that can work, do.
So, turning down a $1,400,000,000 investment is not a good idea if you want to alleviate homelessness.
"That guy was fine in the video I was just giving my two cents to how he made me feel after watching it, my bad. "
Isn't there a name for people who project negative attributes onto others who merely look or sound different?
That's ridiculous HOTPE. Though I must admit it's par for the course hereabouts.

dakine wrote during the TMT protests in the summer of 2015:
I was in Waimea last Thursday, the day the potential delegates to the 'aha were having a political rally there (or whatever it is called where one gets to meet the candidates) and so many of the younger, more enthusiastic, people were driving around town with the Hawaiian flag attached to their trucks. I thought it wonderful.