Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies
If the emissions of Puna geothermal were anywhere near as toxic as proposed, then the people of Ocean View and even Kona would all be dead, since their chronic exposure to volcanic emissions is orders of magnitude more than anything experienced in Puna. Even across the street from the power plant.

But keep up the whining. The state throws money at whiners.

---------------------------

You can't fix Samsara.
Nobody get sick from the Iselle incident and if they say they did they are liars!
quote:
Originally posted by imagtek

If the emissions of Puna geothermal were anywhere near as toxic as proposed, then the people of Ocean View and even Kona would all be dead ...

False. Geothermal plant emissions and volcano emissions are apples and oranges.

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/arch...08_25.html
If the geothermal emissions (of which there is zero, except for the very rare incident) were really so bad, why aren't the employees sick or dying?
why aren't the employees sick or dying?

They have GMO lungs trans-im-planted?

“We’ve got to be as clear-headed about human beings as possible, because we are still each other’s only hope,” James Baldwin to Margaret Mead in the book A Rap On Race
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Many who have chose to live in lower Puna over the years may appreciate a mind-body connection with themselves or Nature. Decades of Geothermal operations being next door may not be helping some achieve this mind-body connection needed to stay healthy. jmo

http://www.gilead.net/health/mindsick.html

They have GMO lungs trans-im-planted?

I was thinking more along the lines of "alien-human hybrid", given that geothermal is obviously a sinister ploy to terraform the planet to support their native lifeforms.

Decades of Geothermal operations being next door may not be helping some achieve this mind-body connection needed to stay healthy.

Do you exhibit any of the following symptoms (full list at gypsy's link) due to your beliefs about the PGV plant? Even on almost every day of the year when there's no evidence of geothermal emissions? Then you may needlessly be breaking you mind-body connection:

Worry,
anger,
hate,
ill will,
irritation,
resentment,
depression,
anxiety,
lack of joy and happiness,
and all other negative emotions and thoughts have a negative effect upon the body and open the door for sickness and disease.

“We’ve got to be as clear-headed about human beings as possible, because we are still each other’s only hope,” James Baldwin to Margaret Mead in the book A Rap On Race
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Update here on the nearby geothermal operations.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2016/1...handshake/

Hot air and new power records from the PGV.
Thanks for the link gypsy, which read in part:

After the – at times, heated – exchange, Petricci admitted that overall... the power plant... is moving in the right direction. The meeting even ended with a handshake and a word of thanks.

"One may pretend knowledge of philosophy more successfully than that of arithmetic." -Last Aphorisms (or how about, one may pretend knowledge with an opinion more successfully than with facts)