Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP board recall petition
I'm new to the area so I do not have an opinion on the recall one way or the other. I will however offer this:

- My petition was mailed to my old mailing address on the mainland. The County records have reflected my new mailing address since February/March. So I do not think the mailing list was compiled from County records.

- When we received the petition my husband called the Association office and was told, in a nutshell, that the petition was old (delayed since it went from here to the mainland and back again) and the recall is a non-issue at this point, everything has been resolved. (Apparently not true).
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

I think you have to own property in that particular district to be on their list. Of course, that doesn't mean that they couldn't miss you. If I lived in that district, I would most certainly sign the petition. It should have been done long ago.

As I recall from working in the office, the main database (the one used to mail out the annual road fee bills) is also broken down by Districts 1-9. This is so only the owners in a District with an opening on the Board will get ballots and not the entire population. My guess is that is the list being used.
[quote]Originally posted by SoCal_to_Hawaii

I'm new to the area so I do not have an opinion on the recall one way or the other. I will however offer this:

- My petition was mailed to my old mailing address on the mainland. The County records have reflected my new mailing address since February/March. So I do not think the mailing list was compiled from County records.[quote]

The office gets its information from the lot owners. There is no connection from the County and HPP with regards to ownership or address change. If there is a transfer of ownership and a Title Company is involved, they usually notify HPP of the transfer along with the new owner's name and mailing address.
mermaid53 wrote:

"You can ask questions at the membership mtg. And/or write to the committee that provided a mailing adrs."

If one can't attend a membership meeting and hasn't received the petition, how can they write to the committee whose address you want to keep secret?

Edited to change "or" to "and".
At the Clark Realty website, for each property for sale, the TMK number is a link to the county property tax office and that shows the name and the address of the owner. There, if you click on the property map link, the lot is marked in red. If you then double click on the neighboring lot and wait, it is highlighted, and the long blue card number beside the map is a link to the neighbor's name and address.

By expanding some of the chart categories on each lot, you can see the previous sale dates and prices, permits issued and completed, tax amounts paid or not, etc. Scroll on the maps to change the size, drag to change the view, switch back and forth from map to satellite photo.