Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt.
Sorry Slow Walker,

Just posting Youtube links to drones with a pistol or machine gun attached is just opening a can of worms here on Punaweb. I've been doing this fourteen years now. I don't much want to spend my time putting out brush fires.

You'd have a case if the Youtube video was from Hawaii but its not far as I could tell. My interest is defending a community forum from the plagues that afflict most internet web forums. I don't sell advertising so clicks don't matter to me. That takes priority over what anyone might perceive as their free speech rights. 1st Amendment doesn't apply in the private sector - only government.

I appreciate your donation and thank you. If you would like it returned I can do that.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
That's what it is going to come to with these quad copters... faa Will eventually have to put a 500 ft. Minimum altitude requirement. Unless you have a commercial license. ( for surveying etc..) unless you are in a restricted flight zone of course.

As an after thought residential areas could be classified as restricted zones... Unless it is a commercial license.

I thank you for your website but see that I dont belong here. My freedom of speech is not just related to the government its related to my life.
No keep my donation you have earned it!
Slow Walker
quote:
Originally posted by Slow Walker

I thank you for your website but see that I dont belong here. My freedom of speech is not just related to the government its related to my life.
No keep my donation you have earned it!

You are welcome over here.. http://easthawaiinet.boards.net

A new site trying to build users.. with updated forums and more or less open speech. It might seem like a ghost town .. but if you post .. you will get a response.

Rob has a lot on his plate plus he is getting up there in years... so PW's days are numbered. Its best to find another place to roost just in case.

# no offense to uncle Rob..
Looks like that website might tolerate less....."repetitive rudeness, bullying and harassment".

Time to start a new topic and not hijack this one.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
Quite right. Sorry bout that Rob.

The Way hawaii government works ... Hawaii county in particular... nothing will be done about remote controled "peeping toms" in our life time anyway.. the best thing to do is deal with it ... or find a "creative" way to deal with the problem you self.

Myself I might end up buying one acres worth of camouflage netting and just cover my property that way.. so at least I can step outside in my underwear and pick up my newspaper without ending up on some dingalings youtube channel.
Do you really think drones are prowling the night trying to catch a glimpse of you in you underwear?

Just curious.

I do understand being annoyed at the sound at night. I especially dislike loud motorcycles morning, noon and night. I own a cheap little drone with a camera. Mildly useful. fascinating up to a point. I suspect the likely kids who lead to this tropic will rather soon get bored with the novelty of it all and stop. The little drone will gather dust on a shelf in their bedroom... my best guess.

Dad buys the boys a cheap drone.... wow. Something new and different. My best bet is some neighbor kids area taking turns trying to make it go left, right, up, down and sideways. Navigating over distance with the skill to peek in a window is advanced drone piloting.

Punaweb moderator
I have a Palm size quad copter that has a camera that does just that.. sits in a drawer with my underwear ironically enough... that I don't have interest in messing with.but I dont have a youtube channel, nor do I need Internet cootie points to feel good about myself.