Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first dispensary: Maui
Price is way higher on Oahu probably.
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...-august-15

...and already out of "approved" stock, almost as if the lab has been, uh, "induced" to sort of "throttle the flow".

The company said it needs the state Department of Health's State Labs Division "to help unclog a backlog of products so Maui patients can have access to quality-assured medicinal cannabis products."

says it expected its most recent batch of flowers to clear state lab certification by Saturday, but that didn’t happen. Company officials said it sold out its first batch of certified flowers Saturday.

State workers inspect the weed?
If they're working that slow, even slower than normally expected for a state employee, one might wonder if they're downwind from the process they use for certification. Mellow.

(It's) what the existentialists called "awful freedom" the reinvention of irrationality by marginalized people, just in order to spite science. -Elif Batuman
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/news/stat...a-patients

About 38 percent of the patients reside on the Big Island, while 29 percent live on Oahu

Yet, the Big Island doesn't have any dispensaries.

kalakoa @ 13:15:42-
As you would might say- what else is new?[Wink]
Kalakoa
This is my opinion on the MMJ dispensary situation here on the Big Island. The Big Island is going to get a MMJ dispensary that will be ran by our BLNR and police departments. I believe they will be operating the dispensary on Richard Ha's former Banana farm. Mr Ha was approached and asked to step aside as a Banana farmer for this new endeavor of MMJ operations. He (Mr Ha) may have been given the correct answers to the needed tests and helped financially along the way. Woody Harrelson's application shouldn't have been denied as he was a resident and true long time MMJ advocate. Where as Mr Ha was never for MMJ to thrive on the Big Island and has never tried or used it for the many medicinal purposes MMJ carries. jmo's

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201...ary-denied
"The Big Island is going to get a MMJ dispensary that will be ran by our BLNR and police departments."

As if the police don't have enough on their hands...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201...ary-denied

Interesting. It starts off with this which doesn't come across as serious journalism:

"Marijuana: all the cool celebrities are doing it."

It ends with:

"Now, if visitors to Hawaii want to purchase marijuana, they’ll have to meet someone who may or may not have starred in 2012 behind the Burger King off Route 380, just like everyone else."

Where does medical use come into this?
LOL Tom, you really think the guv is going to help medical use when they can't even get solid healthcare here? It's all about, and always has been the Tourii dollar. Since the resorts are non smoking for the most part, wait for the fog cloud at your local Tourii beach with more stupid people doing more stupid things from lobster sunburns "wow man, I forgot I was in the sun!" To "betcha I can ride those falls"

Community begins with Aloha
quote:
Originally posted by Tink

LOL Tom, you really think the guv is going to help medical use when they can't even get solid healthcare here? It's all about, and always has been the Tourii dollar..

If this were the case, then the guv would be legalizing recreational use and not even bothering with the medical use subterfuge.

Not that I'm opposed to medical use, whether it be valid or not. Or recreational use, for that matter.

The real news reads the same as the story mocking-or glamorizing, can't be sure-pot use: Harrelson was denied a permit.
the Tourii dollar

That's why 329D intends to honor out-of-state MMJ licenses.

not even bothering with the medical use subterfuge

"Medical use" is legitimate in the eyes of the Feds, and you know how Hawaii totally respects Federal pre-emption. Unless they want to create a "sanctuary state", or be accountable for transportation grant monies, etc.