Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
Oops. ABC , not CBS is the first 10-1.
@Kenney: That's so bizarre! I can't really think of an explanation without being there where I can analyze the signal. My best guess is that the ABC/MeTV transmitter is malfunctioning, since that seems to be the common thread in most of the issues.

@HereOnThePrimalEdge: What's on 45.2 and 45.3? It could be that they just removed CBS from 45.1, since it was Superfluous in both Hilo and Maui.
The 45's seem to be back to normal.
Earlier it was: This TV, a second different This TV, Escape
Now it's the usual: CBS, This TV, Escape

ABC is still on 13.2
I checked the 22's but didn't pick up anything there.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
@HereOnThePrimalEdge: Ahhh-- OK, 45.1 was running some ThisTV programming earlier today; something was probably blacked out or pre-empted on CBS for the Honolulu market. Thanks for checking! The Ch. 22 hack only works on some TV's.

So all the remaining issues all have the ABC/MeTV transmitter in common.
HOTPE - I use Sling although in my case it's to watch cricket! I find it a bit funky and often what they claim to be showing is actually something completely different, but it only cost $10 a month when I signed up and is probably worth it. I don't have access to ESPN, I assume I'd have to sign up for some different package they offer but haven't checked.
This afternoon I appear to have three 10-2 and four 10-1 channels. PBS and MeTV can be found on the 10-2 channels while another PBS station plus KITV (ABC) are part of the 10-1 channel line-up. It's a tad confusing.
I use Sling although in my case it's to watch cricket!

Thanks Tom.
It looks like Sling has three different plans and a combo plan. The package for $20 a month, which includes three ESPN channels, should get me the coverage I'm looking for. It seems like the most affordable plan on the market (with ESPN) right now. It's month to month, but if I pay for two months when I sign up I'll get a free Roku stick.
Thanks again!

Let's hope this OTA channel guessing game is resolved after the long holiday weekend.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
No problem, HOTPE. I suspect the problem I have with things being shown on Sling that isn't what you expected is more to do with the cricket channel sources rather than Sling, so hopefully, you'll be just fine with the ESPN package.

As for tonight's TV viewing, I will be switching between "Endeavour" and "Columbo" which are both, um, on channel 10-1...
More confusion. I also have 2 10-1 and 2 10-2 on ONE TV, The other TV is still behaving normally. Same antennae for both.
I will be switching between "Endeavour" and "Columbo"

I'm watching Endeavour right now, on Roku. Great episode!

"A policeman?..."
"A detective."