Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NE1 going to the park thing at the HPP hui tomorro
Unless and until the county starts taking care of the park they already have here, I will vote against any new ones....
Puna: Our roosters crow first
...taking care of the park they already have here...

What parks?
No county park per se but they own property on L Rd makai side that isn't being maintained. I spoke w/Gregor Ilagan a few yrs back asking if he might speak w/the County about developing it as a place for fisherman, and for people who like to walk on L rd to park their cars. He said the people in the neighborhood didn't like the idea.
What ? Hpp says donated 20 acres to county for their private park ? Again ?
Who Forgot to pay and provide Pohoiki and Kurtistown Parks as designated . Why no public input ? Why no hearings ? Dpw and planning Dept lying there is no money to pay upper Puna roads and parks but They closed their Mandatory connectors at Orchidland and Hpp ?
Take the money from the largest town from Kurtistown park ?

no money for private roads used for Hpp traffic but pay a private park HPP.? out of our tax money ? . That was mandated since 1998 PARK to Kurtistown . . No upper Puna road money . Then No roads will be used by public Hpp or Orchidland

hapahaole
hapahaole
He said the people in the neighborhood didn't like the idea.

Well, they're going to LOVE this huge new County public park, then!
they're going to LOVE this huge new County public park

There is a minor difference.
I think the park mermaid mentioned is bordered on two sides by property owners. The 20 acre HPP park proposal in bordered on all side by roads. So nobody inching up on your hedge to relieve themselves, just the standard cries of domestic abuse at midnight, the rap powered by subsonic subwoofers, and the bric-a-brac of empty bottles tossed out car windows into your yard.

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The HPP 20 acre park lot is bordered on three of four sides by roads, so there is the potential for some immediate neighbors, but only two. There will be lots of people across the rather narrow road on both long sides.
I forecast neighbor complaints regardless of actual physical proximity.

Especially since non-HPP residents will be using HPP roads without paying their fair share -- unless HPPOA can convince County to pay (as yet undetermined) "Park Road Dues".
you specialize in rainy forecasts, dontcha?
Especially since non-HPP residents will be using HPP roads without paying their fair share -- unless HPPOA can convince County to pay (as yet undetermined) "Park Road Dues".
----------
Doubt that there will be very many.
Look at how few people really use the giant Pahoa park.