Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
Did you tell them it's football season

Don't waste time complaining to the station, call the advertisers who paid big bucks to run their commercials during the game.
I don't know why I would ever use a cell phone at home when I have a nice, clear, old technology land line, but thanks for the tip Terracore. Maybe I'll share it with some of my more irritating callers.

End of hijack. Let's hope we get some improvement on the OTA stations tomorrow.
Sunday morning:

Fox channels 13.1 & 13.2 are up and running.
45's coming in strong and clear too.

"No one is such a LIAR as the indignant man." Beyond Good & Evil, 1886 - Friedrich Nietzsche
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
had 11.1 and 11.2 for a couple hours went off and still off today did they fix it or are they still working on them?
Looks like its still acting up.They probably couldn't get anyone to fly over here to fix it. I get a signal...but not enough to form a picture. Whats funny is that we have a smaller tv downstairs in our guest bedroom with a slightly stronger signal enhanced antenna and it pulls in 11.1 and 11.2 just fine. Go figure?
macuu222 - any chance you could share the contact details for whoever called you from KHON? I think it's time more pressure is brought to bear.
Sorry Tom, They left a voicemail on my phone explaining to me the details a week ago...and I deleted it. But I sent the request asking them whats happening with their OTA signal in the Puna area here: https://www.khon2.com/contact-us
Thank you, macuu222, that works just as well. I'll be sending comments and doubt it will hurt if others also complain.
FYI, PBS Hawaii today changed frequencies of their transmitter on Kulani Cone (midway between Volcano and Saddle Rd), to make way for new 5G services. If you've lost PBS Hawaii in Glenwood or Volcano, just rescan your TV. If you do not want to do a full rescan, just scanning channel 17 will do it. It should still appear on your TV as 10.xx.

Channel 45 should be doing the same thing soon. They'll relocate to Channel 20. It will happen sometime between now and 120 days after the new 5G operator gives them notice to vacate the frequency.
Thanks H22 & macuu222,
I sent a message to Fox Honolulu about the Hilo transmitter last weekend, but didn’t receive a reply.
H22 - do you have a direct contact for Fox Honolulu engineering dept?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves