Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

Anyone analyzing the ATSC streams on PC? I wonder if there are any interesting sub-streams.

Actually, today, some folks may actually get some very strange sub-streams. We're conducting low power transmission tests on Channels 32 and 2 from the direction of Mountain View during the daylight hours today (Friday).

They're unrelated to 4 & 45 though-- I'm collecting data for future service on those channels that we have to build out before mid-2021. So let me know if you get anything if you happen to re-scan today. Should show on most TV's as Channel 2.1.
Is that for a new full power station, or low power/community TV?
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

Is that for a new full power station, or low power/community TV?

It's low power TV (digital). The tests today are only putting out 33 watts. I can apply to increase as high as 15,000 watts, but the tower quotes in the area were too high.
I just did a scan, did not see your transmissions but I'm in OLE and antenna is pointed towards Hilo.
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

I just did a scan, did not see your transmissions but I'm in OLE and antenna is pointed towards Hilo.

Thanks for checking terracore. My batteries died sometime in the last hour. I'll need to retry on a sunny day (I'm on solar). So that's 2 sunny days away-- 1 for full recharge first.

It's likely I'll need to find a new location for the station due to a changed family circumstance, so I don't want to reinforce my solar yet.
I'm happy to rescan whenever you are ready.
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

I'm happy to rescan whenever you are ready.

Oh thank you-- I really appreciate the help. I'll bump this thread when I'm back up, no earlier than Sunday (to get my batteries charged). Smile

I rescanned this morning hoping to recover KITV 4.1, MeTV 4.2. They are still not available up here in Fern Forest. I usually have a reliable signal from them, but they've been out for a couple of weeks or so again.
Today, 12/1 I checked my channels and when I would punch in 13 the abc channel 4 popped up. I tried the PBS and got nothing.

Then I did a rescan and 4, 4.2, 4.3, and a new 4.4 came back (and in the right place) as well as all the 3 PBS channels and some others. Only thing not back for me yet is the 45 or CBS channels.
Yep...everythings back today except the 45's. The 4.4 new station is called START TV. It "primarily airs classic television drama series from the 1980s through the 2000s, with a focus on dramas, police and legal procedurals geared toward female audiences".