Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Hypersonic Target In Hawaii
A strange game.
The only winning move is not to play.
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Keaau missle base is to help us avoid the cannibal end-game

A program I watched recently noted America is the country most reliant on satellite technology for GPS and military targeting systems. It was suggested China would first try to remove that capability during any confict. Small rockets, like the proposed Keaau site would be the fastest way to get replacement communication satellites into orbit quickly, if our existing system were compromised.

The US military does not use the commercial GPS satellites! We have several separate systems. No one can take out enough of them to matter.
The US military does not use the commercial GPS satellites!

I didn’t say they did.

We have several separate systems. No one can take out enough of them to matter.

Some sources believe China will very soon have the capacity to take out every US military comm satellite.* Others are slightly more cautious, but not by much:

"If you were an adversary attacking the US, you'd start by attacking satellites," said Singer. "The first shots in a war between the US and China or Russia, no one would likely hear."
China and Russia also rely on space systems for numerous functions, but the US is more heavily dependent. Chinese and Russian jets still use analogue systems in their older jets and tanks and boats, and could operate better without satellites.

The US would then be able to quickly replace downed satellites with smaller, cheaper ones that would simultaneously create more, lower-value targets for adversaries to find and destroy.

And that is where the Keaau launch site would come in. It would be a great asset, one of several small rocket facilities around the world, that would get American air, sea, and land navigation up and running
https://www.businessinsider.com/space-ra...us-2017-07

* https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/c...pace-27182
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If the GPS or other military satellites in low earth were taken out, i.e., blown up, then I don't think even existing launch sites or the proposed Keaau launch site would be much good. There'd likely be too much orbital debris for anything to survive in that orbit.

Look up the Kessler syndrome.
Only thing that has kept world intact with ultimate destruction as the end game, is people like you are not allowed near tha Button! Why Trump is there is the 64,000 dollar conundrum. Small launch site in Puna? No problem.
I'm not sure what you mean, waawaawah. I've never wanted to be near the button nor do I have any intention of starting a nuclear war, even if I could.
Look up the Kessler syndrome.

Watch Gravity.. great movie. You'll get the point.
The very beginning of Gravity was fine, i.e., the bit when the shuttle was hit by debris from a destroyed satellite. The rest was utter nonsense.
Levity laden Heavy Derail

Gravity Related Americana.

http://www.mooneyart.com/gravity/index.html

quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude
The US military does not use the commercial GPS satellites! We have several separate systems. No one can take out enough of them to matter.

Nope ! US military uses the same GPS satellites that everyone else uses, though they do have access to more precise positioning data from those very same satellites.