Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
Im curious where the translator transmitters are located so a person can know where to point their antenna.
quote:
Originally posted by kander

Im curious where the translator transmitters are located so a person can know where to point their antenna.

Here ya go!

Near Boiling Pots
-----------------
4.xx
9.xx
11.xx
14.xx

Near Airport
------------
10.xx (transmitter 2)

Saddle
------
45.xx
10.xx (transmitter 1)

Kulani Cone near Volcano
------------------------
10.xx (transmitter 3)

Hilo Hawaiian Hotel
-------------------
13.xx
Thank you for the information. It looks like an antenna rotator is something desired as they are not in the same location.
I get them all without moving the antenna. It just took finding the "sweet spot". You have to rescan after you move the antenna each time.

The antenna is aimed about 310 degrees NW from 40th ave in Orchidland. If you know trigonometry, maybe you can use that as a guide!
ya my 11.x channels don't come in very well here in Orchidland, 39th and Aulii.
And mine in lower hpp still can't get the 13's
Anyone having problems getting OTA KHON TV 11.1 and 11.2?
Our 11’s have been out ever since the electricity came back on today.
OK.
It's football season so I set up the OTA antenna which worked fine last year, but after trying everything for 2 or 3 days I'm still only getting 10's (PBS), 14 (Whatever), & 20's (CBS).

I believe those channels are all UHF, and the others are HI-V or high VHF. I read the UHF signal is easier to pick up.

I've tried:
Different locations on second floor
Outside on porch
The attic
Sanded off the rough spots antenna prongs and loops
Cleaned and oiled connections

I have two different antennas and both get the same channel selection so I think the antenna(s) are OK.
My next guess is that trees on a neighboring lot have grown enough to block the signal?
Any ideas? Suggestions?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
When I couldn't get all the channels I fixed it by replacing cable with higher quality / shielded coax. If you are using a lightning arrester you might want to see if removing it helps and if it does, replacing it or only using it when storms are forecast. Also my antenna is specifically engineered to get both UHF and VHF and I have it mounted on a 10' pole so it clears our metal roof. I could have just mounted it on the Hilo side of the roof but I wanted to keep the cable run as short as possible.

ETA: don't forget you have to rescan channels every time you re-aim the antenna. The aiming is important as there is a "sweet spot" to get everything.