Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 confirmed in Hawaii: 607+ cases 16 deaths
Canadian doctor tests positive for coronavirus after returning from Hawaii trip

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/03/11...waii-trip/

"A Canadian doctor has tested positive for COVID-19 after returning from a personal trip to Hawaii, according to hospital officials in Ontario.

Hamilton Health Sciences said Wednesday that the radiation oncologist arrived back in Canada on Saturday. She was then tested on Monday, and received confirmation of a positive test on Tuesday.
She was tested on monday AND went to work with cancer patients at clinic.
Canadian doctor tests positive for coronavirus after returning from Hawaii trip...

The doctor.. the cruise ship.. the thousands and thousands of people our state still is trying to entice to vacation here, does anyone doubt we are on the verge of an in the wild community outbreak?

From my perspective, older, compromised lung condition, Trump, Ige and Kim are all gambling with my life. Our lives. Their cavalier, nothing happening here move along attitude is inviting an outbreak. Literally, we have an open for business, CONVID 19 please come here sign blaring, blinking on the top of the mauna, come to the islands and kill off our kupuna.

And the sad thing is, Politicians are not accountable. Ige isn't going to do time for the deaths he causes. Kim, Trump, they all walk.
Still waiting on the exact timeline, but with the average 5 days of incubation it appears she acquired it here in Hawaii. Unless she had known contact with a previous confirmed individual, it would be sign that community transmission is happening in Hawaii, although it would not be counted officially as she tested positive in Canada.

From a political stand-point: a loss of tourism costs money; dead residents cost nothing. (even more cynical it takes them off the government's under-financed liabilities such as medicare, social security, pensions, etc...)
come to the islands and kill off our kupuna.

Exactly.
Soon the Merrie Monarch Festival will begin, bringing together hundreds of elderly kapuna, kumu hula, and other Hawaiian practitioners. Festival organizers seem to believe it's fine to pack them into the Edith Kanaka'ole Stadium with thousands of visitors from every state in the US, and countries all around the world?

Who may be desecrating the sacred, the culture of the Hawaiian people if any of the elders become ill and traditions are lost?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
$$$$ > Life This is the choice made by our political system
quote:
Originally posted by kander

$$$$ > Life This is the choice made by our political system

As far back as we know in human history, mostly but not all seekers of political power have personality disorders such as narcissism characterized by a lack of empathy. Until and if humans ever get smart enough to incorporate that knowledge successfully into the voting system such as personality testing to apply to run for office life on this planet is brutal even in Hawaii.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/03/1...-announce/

"Two visitors on Kauai are Hawaii’s third and fourth confirmed coronavirus cases, county officials said early today.

In an email statement after midnight, Kauai County officials said that on Friday night they “were informed that the test results for the two Persons Under Investigation here on Kauai were returned positive for coronavirus or COVID-19. The two adult visitors — one male and one female — are currently in an isolation facility provided by the county, away from the general public. They continue to be monitored by the state Department of Health.”

The statement did not give any information on the patients or their current condition.

County officials said Gov. David Ige will be holding a news conference later today on the new developments."
There is a story from Colorado about a woman who got the bad bug right away after returning from a three week visit to Hawaii. Could have been infected on plane, I suppose.https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/colorado-coronavirus-patient-speaks-out-shares-her-symptoms-and-story/
The state is knew this people where positive way before they announced . I went to my doctor yesterday and she already knew of this

jrw
jrw