Poll: Do the Police have bigger fish to fry?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
85.71%
12 85.71%
No
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kahena Krackdown?
It's a waste of taxpayer money to send cops down to Kehena and hand out tickets for nudity and casual pot smoking and beer drinking.  Same $hit is done by locals down at Keaukaha, Carl-Smiths, Richardsons etc minus the nudity.  No big deal is made of it there.

And the idea that Seaview residents want to ban gatherings at Seaview lawn... even more pathetic.  Nothing wrong with what is going on there.  Only thing wrong is the people wanting to stop others from safely enjoying themselves on beautiful grassy park area with a spectacular view.  What, because you live there you want to have it all for yourself?  Lame.
What, because you live there you want to have it all for yourself?  Lame.

TMK 1-2-034-009 (1.59 acres, assessed value $197100) is private property owned by Kalapana Seaview Estates. It is literally the definition of "having it all to yourself because you live there". They would be fully within their legal rights to fence it off and exclude the public, which is why I suggested it in the first place.
(04-28-2021, 06:38 PM)Or1on Wrote: It's a waste of taxpayer money to send cops down to Kehena and hand out tickets for nudity and casual pot smoking and beer drinking.  Same $hit is done by locals down at Keaukaha, Carl-Smiths, Richardsons etc minus the nudity.  No big deal is made of it there.

And the idea that Seaview residents want to ban gatherings at Seaview lawn... even more pathetic.  Nothing wrong with what is going on there.  Only thing wrong is the people wanting to stop others from safely enjoying themselves on beautiful grassy park area with a spectacular view.  What, because you live there you want to have it all for yourself?  Lame.
The park is private property jointly owned by the residents. One major issue is liability. If someone is injured or killed on that lawn, every owner can be personally liable for the lawsuit/bills. We have a $1 million insurance policy. Already the slack liners have knocked down a coconut tree while slack lining. Imagine if someone had been killed. Their insurance company/lawyers would come after anyone who owns that property. I don't know of anyone who wants to take on that liability. Yet, every owner is forced to take it on when large groups gather on their private lawn.
So, I assume everyone in the neighborhood pays their portion of the property taxes through the HOA? I see your point now. It is your lawn. Sorry about that time I sat on it and watched the crashing waves while I ate lunch.

County has the money now, they should buy TMK 1-2-034-009, and convert it officially to a county park. Use some of that lava recovery money.

EDIT: I see the annual tax is $200. So, at least the county isn't shafting you on that.
County has the money now, they should buy TMK 1-2-034-009, and convert it officially to a county park.

Sure -- just as soon as County does the same for every "private" subdivision.
lol so this is what its come to?   GET OFF MY LAWN!!!   Does that remind you of anything?  Mmmm  warm aloha.   

I know of several people who love that gathering on Sundays, who happen to be homeowners and residents of Seaview.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYPu877MZYA
There was a man there today shouting "shut it down" and getting very mad that the hippies continued to dance and drum away despite his protests. I think he gotten arrested but we left as it was over.
If the owners of land (or their representatives, in the case the HOA board) have made it known that they do not want certain activities on their property, why do others think it is OK to still do those activities?
I ask this because others have, in the past, used the logic of "they should be willing to share" & yet when I have asked those same folks, much like I am going to ask Orion, to share their own space, these same folks that are all for OTHER FOLKS to share their space give reasons NOT to make public where their personal space is.... they always come up with a response like "if they ask, I would let them".... completely different from what they are advocating for!
So, Orion, if you REALLY believe in sharing, please share where where is YOUR land (or even room if that is all you have, lots of folks would like to party in a room where t is OK for anyone to show up) you are willing to share with everyone that wants to
Please post the directions so we can all enjoy your space!!!
its 'Kehena' with an 'E'..
Im sure 37 others have already told you this.. but its still uncorrected in title!!
common sense101... newbies shouldn't be posting about a beach they can't spell...

fwiw, it usually means they lived in Florida or Oregon last yr...

ps, its illegal too be nude in public in Hawaii PERIOD!
they (gov) look the other way for Kehena and Makena beaches because studies have shown these 2 bring in millions $$ /yr...
common sense would tell you... if we didn't have Makena or Kehena most 'nudies' would go to Caribbean or Mediterranean, as thats a big part of their draw on vacations...

PEOPLE who are pushing the covid maskup- 6' deal are people who dont give a F~ about Kehena/Makena! Period! with their selfish Trumpy-kine boneheaded antivaccer actions constantly bringing cops down there weekly... they are bring MORE G-D fauken attention to these 2 beaches and WE, the locals that actually live here 24/7/365 WILL LOSE! not these damn west coast based antivaccer haole wwoofer who just use Puna yrly to get best EBT $ in country...
And aloha to you too, Olohana. Welcome to Punaweb. Relax. Take a deep breath.
Certainty will be the death of us.