Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restrictions to continue!
Ige is right at least in thinking cases will go up again.

Ige opened the state to tourism, so yeah, visitors will bring the COVID.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/11/16...time-soon/

“I don’t think Safe Travels goes away until the rest of the world has seen a great decrease in COVID,” [Green] said. “My gut tells me the governor will be reluctant to do away with it until Spring 2022.”

Believe this requires that the "emergency" be extended, as that's where the authority for Safe Travels is established.

Time to shop for a new place to live.........
"Time to shop for a new place to live..."

Aloha, Adios,Bye Bye.
Hopefully someone with standing will take this to federal court and by then they will have had enough. (One can only dream)

Safe travels would normally be a constitutional violation four different ways.

At least this might end up causing less people to vote for Green. He really is good at changing his position as he thinks it suits him.
There are far more interesting things worthy of federal court around here.
I'm not really surprised.
(11-16-2021, 04:01 AM)kalakoa Wrote: https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/11/16...time-soon/

“I don’t think Safe Travels goes away until the rest of the world has seen a great decrease in COVID,” [Green] said. “My gut tells me the governor will be reluctant to do away with it until Spring 2022.”

Believe this requires that the "emergency" be extended, as that's where the authority for Safe Travels is established.

Time to shop for a new place to live.........
My gut tells me there’s not a chance in Hell Ige will do away with it before Spring. He will probably be reluctant even then, regardless of Covid situation locally, domestically or internationally.
Even D.C. killed the last of their mandates and restrictions. I can't believe we're still doing this COVID thing with the headlines on newspapers having case counts every single day.

What is wrong with the people here? It's not so much wearing the mask. As I said I was for them in the beginning, but very much against lockdowns. At this point though it's absurd we're still doing this, we know the risks and if you are vulnerable you should be protecting yourself not expecting everyone to be held hostage forever!

I hope people here don't vote for Green, that's almost as bad as voting for Ige again... Yeah a great leader that talks out of both sides of his mouth...
(11-19-2021, 09:47 PM)malahini Wrote: Even D.C. killed the last of their mandates and restrictions. I can't believe we're still doing this COVID thing with the headlines on newspapers having case counts every single day.

What is wrong with the people here? It's not so much wearing the mask. As I said I was for them in the beginning, but very much against lockdowns. At this point though it's absurd we're still doing this, we know the risks and if you are vulnerable you should be protecting yourself not expecting everyone to be held hostage forever!

I hope people here don't vote for Green, that's almost as bad as voting for Ige again... Yeah a great leader that talks out of both sides of his mouth...
Lifting the restrictions are only a temporary measure. Just a little steam release to keep people compliant. As soon as the daily case count comes up they will return. Its the same reasoning that Ige will not drop all of them, this kind of unchecked power is hard to let go.
Just a little steam release 

I know of A young man in his 30’s who was positive and sick as a dog with COVID last week.  Four people I know had to get tested as a result - - have no idea how many total.