Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
OK...Glad to know it's not just me. I had the 4's this morning till about 8am. Now I have zero stations. Never had all of them down before.
Four days ago KITV estimated it would take 8-9 hours to fix.  
https://twitter.com/kitv4/status/1559638...01665?s=21
Found a go around for OTA TV channels. Just go to the channels website on your computer/smartphone and stream news/ TV shows right to your TV. It works great with Roku and a chrome browser. It even eliminates a lot of the commercials seen on OTA.
Is KIKU available OTA from the Hilo transmitters as a KITV subchanannel?  Anyone watching from HPP?  I haven’t had my antenna out for awhile, but seem to recall KITV-ABC was not the strongest of the OTA channels in our area.
(11-26-2022, 06:15 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Is KIKU available OTA from the Hilo transmitters as a KITV subchanannel?  Anyone watching from HPP?  I haven’t had my antenna out for awhile, but seem to recall KITV-ABC was not the strongest of the OTA channels in our area.
I'm finding it on 4.6.  My rooftop antenna brings it in just fine in HPP.
 finding it on 4.6.just fine in HPP.

Thanks!
Anyone watching OTA in Volcano Golf Course subdivision?  What channels do you receive, what direction are the transmitters?
A further question about OTA TV and radio in Volcano -

Kulani Cone has transmission towers, and HPR broadcasts to East Hawaii from there:
https://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/hpr-st...ransmitter

Does anyone know what other radio stations broadcast from there, and if any TV stations do?
If I recall correctly, there used to be PBS TV repeaters near KMC to service Volcano and surrounding areas. My outdoor antenna would pick them if I had it aimed just right so I would have 6 PBS channels (3 plus the duplicates). At some point I stopped receiving them, so either they got turned off, something blocks them, or my equipment isn't as capable as it used to be.

I can't remember the last time I watched broadcast TV so I don't know what channels are currently available. Since we got broadband we mostly just use the Roku.
PBS TV repeaters near KMC 

Thanks terracore.  I'll try aiming in that direction.