Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DiveHilo Scuba Club (and watersports galore)
stumbling around on ebay for something and ran across this sea scooter used but,... priced seemed pretty good at the moment about 1 day left on the aution. Just thought someone might find it useful Smile

Aloha HADave

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170066209179

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

I posted this on the dive site but I put it here for non-members.
About tomorrow.. … Someone should make a call by 08:00 if we’re a go for the outing.
Conditions are not favorable. I’m not a party pooper but some have to travel more then others and some are preparing food. Winds are supposed to die down to 15 kts. and waves to 3-4 feet.
Other concerns are the cool tempetures and the amount of runoff into the local waters. (Visibility) What I’m attempting here is a little organization to our club. Maybe we should elect a lead member or a small board to make these calls? I would hate to see only one or two members show up and be disappointed, especially new members. I’m hoping for the best but I think these outings should be enjoyable and safe. I know were in Hawaii but it is the winter and these types of situations will arise.
I’m stoked about the club and the friends we have made and would like it succeed. Also, we missed December’s dive…… Your thoughts please…

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Good idea Scott. If the weather is anything like this morning Cathie and I won't be there. Like I posted earlier, Cathie is fighting a bit of a cold and wouldn't have any fun. I hope someone post here early if it is scrubed.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Edited by - Royall on 01/06/2007 07:38:34

Royall,
We missed you guys last outing.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
We are sitting on the fence, too, as it seems Jim spread his Christmas cold to both Cathie & I. I do know that the very first dive club meeting was called because of weather, & it turned out to be a beautiful day, the 2nd was almost called & another beautiful day....BUT on the second everyone was using email that morning, so we had the flexibility to change. One of the big problems is that it can be ucky even as close as downtown Keaau, yet Richardsons & the Bay are nice. We normally are in Hilo early Sunday, so can check out the Beach and call someone to post the early morning conditions (we can get in early, around 7 or around 9 - church is in between). So, who wants the early morning call (and do you guys want conditions around 7 or 9, knowing the changes that can happen over those 2 hours)?
Aloha, Carey

You can give me a call Carey, I'm up between 5:00 and 5:30.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Believe it or not, I dreampt up the club and have been trying to be the communicator... sort of! LOL

If Jim and Carey could call be around 7, I can make a decision and post. Generally even if we cancel I go down to greet anyone who really does show up. It is looking like conditions aren't going to be favorable. Still, we got so burned with the first meet cancel I hate to give up a good day.

My phone is 345 840 and anyone with AM info or questions, feel free to call. My email is pslamont@yahoo.com.

Wooo Hoooooo.... I hope it clears! PAM

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
that was supposed to be 345 8440

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Dive update....things are looking good.
I agree with Pam even if we cant't dive we should get together. I mean pooring rain is one thing but any other conditions are ok with me.
I was in Hilo this afternoon and checked the conditions at Richardson’s Park.
Wind were still up at about 20 knots and the waves at the big rock were between 3 and 4’.
The water was crystal clear but the site was undivable because of the large breakers. At Honolii the wind was dead on shore and the waves were between 6 and 10". The water was dirty brown because of the run off. We do have a wind break at Richardsons Park.
As of 19:00 the wind has died down and the night sky is full of stars.
Looks like it might just be a go for morning. At least I’m hoping so….
That is all, I’ll be in touch in the early morning. Keep your fingers crossed.

Jim 'n' Carey are planning on bringing Lilikoi Cheescake (just got them out of the oven) & garden fruit...
Will also bring some watertoys, plates 'n' cups 'n' fresh squeezed juice
Aloha, Carey