Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hawaiian’s First 787!
I’m understanding that Hawaiian is flying their new 787 between LAX and SFO to acclimate the crew as to landing and takeoff with their new aircraft at each of the intended destinations Hawaiian will be flying with the new 787.

The interior looks good. I’m wondering if Hawaiian’s decision to not buy the A350 will change with either the Boeing garbage or the Alaska merger.
Hawaiian continues to "shake down" its new 787!

On the day before yesterday, they flew it from SFO to LAS. Then yesterday from LAS to PHX and then back to HNL!

Due for its 1st oil change! Goes for its first revenue flight on April 15!

https://youtu.be/6KHOrEGxkQA?si=Suuhg-G2Dx0Oxqfc

https://youtu.be/N3SUDwKn_Gg?si=md9zMQJ-8SqSTkNV
They took the new 787 "Down Under!"

In Brisbane today!

https://youtu.be/uDYQdtIodY8?si=TyJ-4g8sfDKP-BjY
I just flew 1st class from HNL-LAX on HA's A330s. The good thing about them is I think it's virtually impossible to find another airline that flies that route with lie-flat seats. And the service was excellent, up there with the best I've experienced. The downside is they are very uncomfortable and lack privacy. I hope the 787 improves that, if indeed they use that plane to fly those routes.
Tom,

United has been flying their Polaris Class lay flat seating equipped 777's from both LAX and SFO to HNL for some time now.

I prefer the Polaris Class seating - its 1-2-1 layout versus their old First Class lay flat seating layout of 2-4-2 as well as in the Polaris Class all seats are forward facing versus the old 1st Class of alternate forward/backward seating. Although the times I did fly in United 1st sitting backwards - it was only really noticeable during taxi and takeoff.

The Polaris Class is very comfy and private - if traveling alone, get a window seat - if as a couple the center two!

I know, United is a love it or hate it airline, but for dozens of reasons - my husband and I are valued customers!

My understanding is Hawaiian is going to fly the HNL-SFO route with their new 787 through May - then shift to alternating between LAX and PHX.

For how long and thereafter - nothing disclosed that I am aware of! Interesting that they flew it to Brisbane the other day.
United tends to swap out planes. Meaning, you think you are getting a lay flat seat, then end up with a plain first class seat, which is WAY different, and something I would never pay extra for. But in their minds, it's the same. So you are stuck with it and screwed out of the money. I think they do it on purpose to make more money.
I've mentioned it here before, but given my own experience with United and the way they treated Pam, a disabled passenger, I have vowed never to fly with them again nor encourage anyone to do so.
Tom, what happened ? The way you speak of it sounds like you should explain it. I had always thought Pam was like your service dog from the way you talked about Pam previously.
(04-09-2024, 10:25 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:Tom, what happened ? The way you speak of it sounds like you should explain it. I had always thought Pam was like your service dog from the way you talked about Pam previously.

That's why I won't tell you. You make things up, don't understand simple concepts, can't be trusted, and come across as an illiterate lunatic who just got out of jail before facing the next case. And you don't provide evidence for anything you claim. Is that too much for your brain to handle?

I hope that makes things clear.
elepaio said
I had always thought Pam was like

Meanness is one thing, outright cruelty is another.