Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What cheap inside tip would you give a Punatic?
Thanks Nalu for your savings observations, also carry thanks for your september freebies mentions, sounds like a fantastic opportunity.

In terms of other savings I just though of with major retailers...

Safeway usually has their two for one specials every week and changes their specials start on Wednesdays so obviously its good to take advantage of those early since the shelves get completely dessimated their...same with Longs Drugs, but i'm not sure when their Ads usually starts.

Sears usually have their 10Percent off appliance (Kenmore brands) sales during the fall season...might want to check with the local sears for when they do their promos.

On the mainland, Homedepot also does a yearly 10 percent off appliance sale with all their brands in the fall season.

Sales on Fans up to 25%, but this year 10-40% for the current sale going on.

If you use your Macy's charge card you typically get an additional 10Percent off the purchase price.

I was in the natch in Pahoa last week and was told they do an unpublicized 15% off on the 15th of each month. Oh, I see I made Malihini. I'm so proud! Do I get a raise?

Edited by - greg on 08/27/2007 21:17:13

Edited by - greg on 08/27/2007 21:17:48
Sears appliances/tools can sometimes be more than 10% off depending on $$ spent.

Home Depot sometimes have Behr paint promotions - I just got a 25% rebate on the paint I bought for the house.

Home and Lowes also have 10% military discount on certain holidays like Memorial Day/Armed Forces Day. This is available to anyone with service and is on top of any other sale/discount.

HPM will give a discounted price if you open an account - can be a cash account linked to credit card.

Chem-tainer might discount prices if purchasing multiple units. (I got a good discount on last 4 tanks)

Central Supply has price breaks on volume buys of plumbing fittings

Some restaurants (50's Cafe & Hilo Hawaiian) have frequent diner cards.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Loves Bread on Monono also has a frequent buyers card. You rally add up your buying power if you pay with exact change &/or do not need a bag (each is worth the purchase price on your card!)Fill one card & you can get an Managers Special item for a quarter, save those cards for even more deals!

Hey that's right, Carey. Last time I was in there I paid 25 cents each for three loaves 'cause I had plenty points saved up! Great deal if you've got a freezer!

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
So someone else mentioned on the other side these two places for good eat deals...if anyone has tried these and make a comment on the food quality?

University of the Nations off Kuakini Street - buffet style entry is only $5.00 cheaper for breakfast/lunch

Blue Sky Cafe in Old Industrial Section.

noel

I've been to Ken's in Hilo and had their breakfast crabcakes and can't wait to get them again, but I don't remember if they were reasonably priced. I didn't have to pay then, but this time I do, so anyone know of any deals there?

Jean Hopper
Jean Hopper
I'm looking to purchasing a few chemtainers (enclosed catchment) for my home down the road....is anyone interested in doing a group buy for a quantity discounts?

noel

Jean, the Crab Cake Benedict is $9.95 for two, half order is $7.95.

Another good tip for breakfast if you're passing through Waimea is the Hawaiian Style Cafe.
Steve & Regina
Hawaiian Acres / North Lake Tahoe

'If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there' - George Harrison
If you're heading up country and through Honokaa...everyone loves Tex drive in...man they have the best malasadas in the world - plenty other ono stuff too.

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2