Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting and Petition for Pesky Helicopters
And of course, yes, Bob, you're on it as well. That's a good strategy and knowledgable.

We need an expert witness helicopter pilot. Think on that.

thanks Bob,I had thought of that,but forgot to add it in.There is so much stuff it is hard to summarize everything into one neat little paragraph.Thanks again for your input, and you have made a difference,I will being amending some stuff that will add your ground safety comment to the safety issue.

Thank you for all your input as well,JWFITZ and your support.

hmm, I see where you're going, but I expect it's not borne out by the evidence. Or, at least, obviously, helicopters should never leave the airport, as that's all the safest. After all, if they don't get more than 15 feet of the ground, nobody is going to get hurt.

Everything has a terminal velocity, and helicopters with a rotating wing get there pretty fast with a a knowledgable pilot.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/genera...cise18.htm

So here's a sensible source that calls b-baloney on that, most all I have read.

No clearly, I'm no pilot, but, I'm a very experienced sailor who some people think expert, having written several books on topic and focus on non-auxiliary(read "real"Wink sailboats. Sure, I understand you can misread conditions and get into trouble while gliding. This is what sailboats do. But, you're a nut case and a bad pilot or sailor if you get yourself in conditions where you can't dig yourself out of. We sailors(real ones) call that a "lee shore." Pilots call that the "ground." Really, all in all, it's the same game and the key to all of it is space, and keeping clear of trouble.

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Steading-Life-Freedom-Viable-Frontier/dp/0595387586/sr=8-1/qid=1171140483/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2067472-3951936?ie=UTF8&s=books

Don't buy the book, I'll give you a copy--I just post this to say I'm not talking out of my "oink".

Thanks Pam for your input,when did that happen....the mud on the porch and stuff?

To respond to Mella l:
Well,as far as comparing flight problems to junk car perspective, by officials.It is worse than that.Also,the Nelson corridor is a mile away from jungle king road in fern forest.The FAA has this info.ask them under the freedom of information act.Please let me know what you find out.I know Patsy Mink had something to do with it.
As far as any real estate disclosures on this issue,there are none that I know of.Good question? It certainly was not disclosed to me when I bought my place 11 years ago.i have been here 27 years and have not heard of such a thing here. in Hawaii.Cool angle though,I will ponder it more.Thanks for your input and ideas.Have a great day

quote:
As far as any real estate disclosures on this issue,there are none that I know of.Good question? It certainly was not disclosed to me when I bought my place 11 years ago.i have been here 27 years and have not heard of such a thing here. in Hawaii.

It is now disclosed in two places.
1) In the 6 page Hawai`i County disclosure, which is signed by the buyer now when making an offer (so it is not from the Seller per se) -- there are warnings about volcanoes, lava, tsunamis, mold, radon, coquis, termites, rainfall, archaeoligical sites, asbestos, lead paint, etc.. and the pertintent item states:

"AIRCRAFT NOISE AND FLY OVERS: Buyer is advised that some areas in the Hawaii County are subject to fely-overs by various aircract, including, among others, commercial, military and D.E.A. (Drug Enforcement Agency) aircraft. Buyer is advised to contact appropriate Federal, Stare, or county government agencies for further information on this issue."

As you can see, doesn't tell you if YOUR property is one of these areas -- just tells you to do your homework.

2) In the Seller Disclosure, there is a line item where the seller must disclose if the property is in an air corrider, but the line is not terribly specific. I have my copies of this filed away (i.e. buried by other papers) so I can't give it to you verbatim, but I know it doesn't define the sitution and unless you live next door to Ken's where the almost land on the roof, one can probably get away with checking NTMK (not to my knowledge).

So ... the buyer really has to perform due diligence, just as with the coqui frogs.

The Hawaii County disclosure is a good thing; the weakness is that with six pages of items the buyer learns MAY affect the property, there isn't time to investigate ALL of them thoroughly, and the part about contacting various agencies for information ... well we know how much fun that is!

Edited by - KathyH on 10/03/2007 22:50:13
quote:
I just post this to say I'm not talking out of my "oink".

OMG, I think I've been insulted. How can life possibly go on?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
LOL

Sorry, no slight intended. Besides, who really knows what part of the animal IS the oink after all. . .

After reading the entire body of blogs,I had to sign up for this hot topic.
As a resident grandmother with Lupus and Post traumatic stress disorder,I want to say that these unwanted fly overs, by these inconsiderate pilots, are severly increasing and contributing to my medical conditions.They have hovered over my house until my walls shake and the glass screams!!! I thought a bomb would land any minute !!! I really think they are going to crash sometimes!!!Well,that is what I wanted to add to this dialogue.Thanks for listening.

so much....and so little time
so much....and so little time