Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting and Petition for Pesky Helicopters
THEY DO CRASH SOMETIMES !!! In fact they crash too frequently for me that's why I will never go up in one ,unless it's a matter of life and death. ps; a view isn't that important to me.

REPLY to AkoniV- YEP,but the catch is the FAA wants the video within two days so they can match the roster at the airport to the pilot.But this power mailing will work,and we totally support it.Again,we have an address list for anyone that wants it....and the videos need to go to FAA , 135 Nakolo Place, Hon.,Hi.,96819 .Please kep a copy,and you can even send one to the CAOA.We are collecting evidence as well.Thanks again for your input and support.Keep those ideas coming................

REPLY to Kathy,
Thank you very much for your input.It is very valuable.I can't believe they get away with over flight disclosures on real estate paperwork!!! That means that people are signing away their rights,not knowing that their signature could be seen as an okay for the activity.This issue is even worse than I thought.I thought there was real estate laws where private property owners own their airspace,ex-parte of neccessary flights.There are also constitiutional issues here about your right to privacy and stuff.I would love for you to help me discuss this more.It effects us all!!!! There is still a way to fix this mess and we are working on it with the help of everyone,we can make a difference!!!!

Also,Thanks to Green and Nightowl for your comments too.
PREFACEBig GrinO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY....Please....This is just an added issue.
Check out this newly discovered angle.
Talk about leaving the barn door open....
The air tour companies do not do a security check for their flights.You only need one person with i.d. to park.They do not allow bags though(for whatever security that provides,it is a joke;only it isn't).That is their only consideration.
Heaven forbide anything would happen,but it does leave the door wide open for one or more choppers to be hijacked simultaneously by terrorists.Think about it.Air tourism is virtually unprotected from Homeland Security's tightening against this sort of thing.What better place to do it than in a tourist atmosphere with heavy traffic that is left to monitor itself !!!! This fact is just an addition to all the other issues I have previously mentioned. I know this sounds like it couldn't happen here,but I bet 9/11 was just as surprising.We just need to patch loose ends on that one.What do you guys think?

Thunderfoot,
Today I got to see a friends flight on Sunshine Helicopters that he took yesterday.
It was a dvd copy of the flight. It took off from Hilo airport and went straight up HWY 11 to Volcanoes National Park then flew around the active flow a few times and then over Royal Gardens sub- division in Kalapana
then followed the coastline back to Hilo airport. At no time was the Helicopter under 1,000 ft and I asked my friend and he said they averaged 1,500 ft. The whole flight was about an hour long. This is just one flight but I didn't notice anything crazy going on like buzzing homes. I just thought I would post this as it is relevant to this topic.
Lee

Lee G

Your addendum is interesting.You seem to be stuck on the pretty view syndrome and have failed to seriously address any of the other issues,and facts.In fact the FAA told me recently that my dvds are valid and do show low flying helicopters.Because you take one flight does not mean your experience is the norm.Please reread all the material and others who had responded out of frustration.Wait until happens to you,then tell me.

And you work at Hilo airport where business will be effected by our activities.So,all can weigh out your statement with consideration of bias on your part.

The other thing people can do is to continue to post their complaints here

I've lived in Fern Forest and in Volcano, and in both places the helicopters have come far too low ... rattling the windows, frightening the animals, and drowning out the sound from phone calls as well as the television or radio. They are nerve racking and invasive. By the way, neither place I lived was on the "aproved flight path" of these helicopters.
Dancingsong Woman
I have signed the petition and forwarded it to others who are interested in this issue .... nation wide.

Terra S. Robertson
Dancingsong Woman
Thank you Dancingsong