Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana Laws Are Discriminatory
I'll say it again. If Hawaii would make Hemp legal we would find our economy going places, instead of this stagnate growth.

As for all of you who fear the legalization, or even decriminalization of Cannabis anytime soon. As LeeE stated, President elect Obama has no intention of seeing cannabis legalized,but there is still a glimmer of hope there with him. Obama has said he will not let politics stand in the way of science! Unfortunately the Government has the monopoly on the supply of cannabis that can be used on FDA approved research. It's that monopoly that is used to fundamentally block privately funded efforts to make cannabis a prescription medicine. Even the DEA still comes out once a year and says ,"Cannabis causes lung cancer", we all know different now. Or so I thought? If science prevails over politics cannabis will be our savior! Even Puna will benefit too!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Throughout this whole interesting argument, why is no one mentioning that pot is a drug that allows the brain to run on a different track, fire along different circuitries, and perceive other possibilities in reality.

Pot and even more so hashish, is essentially a mystical drug, and yes it was a gateway for me; it was a gateway to LSD, psilocybin, mescaline. LOL

There are many people who use pot who don't seem to be able to tune into the full spectrum of what it offers and use it to "get wasted" - maybe their spirits aren't there yet.

Taking psychedelic drugs opens the doors of perception and forever alters mundane views of reality. It is NOT necessary to keep taking these drugs; in fact, I only took them for about two years of my life. But they changed me - and not into a Cheech & Chong parody of a person.

Take a look at art and design of the 21 st century and you will see motifs that come from the use of "mind-expanding" drugs. You will hear it in the music. See it in signs and advertising. Look at your Oriental rug and enjoy the patterns invented centuries ago by hashish smokers.

These drugs open the same pathways in the brain as meditation.

I have always believed that pot was suppressed largely by the alcohol purveyors, but also by those who feared people who had opened their minds. People who open their minds tend to resist propaganda and weak logic and being controlled by the government, and they are to be persecuted. People who get wasted and numb don't make that kind of trouble.

All this was perfectly well understood in the 60's and 70's, but at some point the drug movement went towards drugs that release endorphins, like cocaine. Cocaine also opens centers of the brain that are normally closed. Not entirely bad, except it creates an uncontrollable desire to do it again, and again, and everything becomes focused around how to get more.

I have gone to few (if any) pot parties or acid parties where the conversation was about how to get more pot and acid. But coke, completely different, the whole focus is on getting more in two hours and not coming down.

There are lots of different drugs, and they really do different things, and are all conflated because they're part of an illegal society. Take away the illegal part and they would not be all jammed together by association.

If all the art and creativity that has come out of using mind-altering drugs could be erased from our society, erased not only in its direct influence but all the humor and writing, films. art, textiles. crafts that draw on direct creations, if everything that derived from all the this was grayed out and disappeared, I wonder what our world would look like.

Those of you who like jazz, would it even exist?

There's a lot of bad that has come from too much getting stoned and not enough productivity, but for those who have managed a balance, much has been created.

quote:
I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
and stops my mind from wandering
where it will go
I'm filling the cracks that ran though the door
and kept my mind from wandering
where it will go

And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong
I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong
See the people standing there
who disagree and never win
and wonder why they don't get in my door

I'm painting my room in a colorful way,
and when my mind is wandering
there I will go

I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong
Silly people run around
they worry me and never ask me
why they don't get past my door

I'm taking my time for a number of things
that weren't important yesterday
and I still go

where it will go
where it will go
where it will go.

Keeping this Puna related, you should all fix the holes where rain and centipedes get in, while the sun shines.
[:p]

No doubt "Sgt. Peppers" would never have been conceived ;-)
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Wow, KathyH!

Great post!
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
I'll go along with the Wow part.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
listen folks, I was a "crash test dummy" for drugs for almost 40 years!!! Hitting the entire spectrum of mind bending possibilities. With psychedelics it was mescaline, LSD-25 in many ,many, forms I probably tripped over 100 times in all in my lifetime. The last time while being incarcerated in Thailand,.and you guessed it on drug charges! I've taken neckloads at a time of percodan, doridan,etc,etc, I had kidney failure while in college in the early 70's from using cross tops for studying for exam. Became a Heroin addict during my stint in Southeast -asia during the early 70's, and the list goes on. From it all, my body has taken a beaten i'm sure. But I have no regrets either. Psychedelics made me a better person. If it wasn't for LSD, mushrooms, peyote,mescaline, I'd be an uptight mess today! As a matter of fact I could certainly see how they would help several members of this place too.

But through my 40 some odd years of exploring the universe. there are a few things I come away with that are obvious. One, Cannabis is not a gateway drug! Two, and drug that take you up is non addicting, coke ,ice, black beauties etc,etc. Anything that takes you down is very addicting.

The last and most important observation while I used was this. Cannabis doesn't make monsters out of people. But occasionally a monster will smoke cannabis! Think about that for a moment folks!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Surely I'm misreading. You can't be saying coke and ice are non-addicting.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Do you feel more like you do now than you did when you first got here ?
Wow...

That a bit over the top... even for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

Throughout this whole interesting argument, why is no one mentioning that pot is a drug that allows the brain to run on a different track, fire along different circuitries, and perceive other possibilities in reality.

Pot and even more so hashish, is essentially a mystical drug, and yes it was a gateway for me; it was a gateway to LSD, psilocybin, mescaline. LOL

There are many people who use pot who don't seem to be able to tune into the full spectrum of what it offers and use it to "get wasted" - maybe their spirits aren't there yet.

Taking psychedelic drugs opens the doors of perception and forever alters mundane views of reality. It is NOT necessary to keep taking these drugs; in fact, I only took them for about two years of my life. But they changed me - and not into a Cheech & Chong parody of a person.

Take a look at art and design of the 21 st century and you will see motifs that come from the use of "mind-expanding" drugs. You will hear it in the music. See it in signs and advertising. Look at your Oriental rug and enjoy the patterns invented centuries ago by hashish smokers.

These drugs open the same pathways in the brain as meditation.

I have always believed that pot was suppressed largely by the alcohol purveyors, but also by those who feared people who had opened their minds. People who open their minds tend to resist propaganda and weak logic and being controlled by the government, and they are to be persecuted. People who get wasted and numb don't make that kind of trouble.

All this was perfectly well understood in the 60's and 70's, but at some point the drug movement went towards drugs that release endorphins, like cocaine. Cocaine also opens centers of the brain that are normally closed. Not entirely bad, except it creates an uncontrollable desire to do it again, and again, and everything becomes focused around how to get more.

I have gone to few (if any) pot parties or acid parties where the conversation was about how to get more pot and acid. But coke, completely different, the whole focus is on getting more in two hours and not coming down.

There are lots of different drugs, and they really do different things, and are all conflated because they're part of an illegal society. Take away the illegal part and they would not be all jammed together by association.

If all the art and creativity that has come out of using mind-altering drugs could be erased from our society, erased not only in its direct influence but all the humor and writing, films. art, textiles. crafts that draw on direct creations, if everything that derived from all the this was grayed out and disappeared, I wonder what our world would look like.

Those of you who like jazz, would it even exist?

There's a lot of bad that has come from too much getting stoned and not enough productivity, but for those who have managed a balance, much has been created.

quote:
where it will go
I'm filling the cracks that ran though the door
and kept my mind from wandering
where it will go

I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong
See the people standing there
who disagree and never win
and wonder why they don't get in my door

I'm painting my room in a colorful way,
and when my mind is wandering
there I will go

I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong
Silly people run around
they worry me and never ask me
why they don't get past my door

I'm taking my time for a number of things
that weren't important yesterday
and I still go

where it will go
where it will go
where it will go.

Keeping this Puna related, you should all fix the holes where rain and centipedes get in, while the sun shines.
[:p]