Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss Naeole, Power Production Coupled w/ Disposal
The first time I saw this beautifully spirited woman I was aware she carried a message for the people of Hawaii. Of course I didn't know what it was ... it was something I just knew ... and those kinds of moments, it's my belief, should be tucked away and filed within the lexicon of good things to come which we all carry subconciously.

Some years later I was sitting in front of Lexs' waiting for the mechanic to finish my car's brakes when, low and behold, she walked across the parking lot and stood right before me smiling that beautiful Hawaiian smile. The first thing she said was "Aloha brother,Will you vote for me?" I love this woman. She's the kind of person who radiates sincerety and as you look into her eyes you know she means business.

There's been debate recently concerning the appropriateness of erecting an incinerator for the removal of solid waste, and of course people are concerned ... and rightfully so ... and Miss Naeole has had the forsight to visit plants abroad to determine for herself whether such an option should be considered here on our tiny and enviromentally sensitive archepelago, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to explain briefly what this process entails and perhaps clarify a little better what could be our future should this system be adopted.

When we think of incinerators our minds automatically present the engram of some type of effluent stack belching large quanities of ash and chemical compounds into the heavens and that concept was entirely true until the early seventies when the technology took a quantum leap by running the discarge through a series of inter-connected compartments equipped with a special lining at a lower temperature which significantly reduced stack emission. Today the technology is capable of capturing emissions to such a degree that a person can literally breath what has essentially become a 'non-emission' from the discharge end of the system. Hardly, I think, a threat to our lovely island home.

Systems exist which can also capture the ash, elements and compounds removed from the stack system in a way that they can be separated one from another. These componets can be bagged, creating a whole new industry which will supply needed jobs, and being sold back to industry for various manufacturing and agricultural reqirements. This includeds the ash.

Also, as this system operates, the heat potential of the burning process can fire boilers, which, linked to a water injection system, will create steam capable of turning turbins, which in turn, power generators which produce the perfect power ... 660volt, 3-Phase, AC, and of course, the transmission system for the delivery of this electricity already exists thanks to Helco and others.

I'm personally very glad that I took the opportunity to help place Miss Naeole in her position of being a public servant, and I expect, over the years, we're going to see great things emerge from her leadership since she is, obviously, comming into her own.

We need to put aside those images of what an industrial incinerator used to be and accept the fact that a new technology has arrived and that we, for many reasons, need to utilize it while we can still afford to build it and it's my opinion that we should thank our lucky stars that Miss Naeole is not merely talking about creating a better and more technologically appropriate society, she's really out there walking her talk and I believe she deserves our unreserved support.

JayJay

Edited by - JayJay on 11/14/2007 03:46:07
JayJay

Messages In This Thread
Miss Naeole, Power Production Coupled w/ Disposal - by JayJay - 11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
RE: Miss Naeole, Power Production Coupled w/ Disposal - by PunaLover - 11-15-2007, 07:10 AM