Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artwalk/First Friday/Art Auction Fri Aug 2
Thank you all for the nice words, I do hope these pieces bring in something nice to help out EHCC... It is great that something I am having fun with is enjoyed by others

Rusty, Shipping costs are the biggie for finished, set items... We did hand deliver 3 one foot square pieces to the mainland in our carryon this month while visiting friends, & shipping smaller (under one foot) items could be done economically with the more dependable flat rate large Priority...but for something like these pieces, where the box would need to be around 30" square - the cost is way up there...and then there is the possibility that you would get a re-worked mosaic.... all in pieces!

I have done a turtle piece that I put on mesh & sent out to friends for their tile installer to do as a housewarming present...and it worked out nicely (one of the turtles pictured in the flickr photostream...lighter turtle on dk grey tile) so that CAN be done (boy was I nervous about that while trying to learn how to do it & sending it out for someone else to install!) Added: they did send me the surrounding tiles to cut, & I sent back the cut surrounding tiles & the meshed mosaic

Messages In This Thread
RE: Artwalk/First Friday/Art Auction Fri Aug 2 - by dmbwest - 07-23-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: Artwalk/First Friday/Art Auction Fri Aug 2 - by Carey - 07-24-2013, 04:11 AM