Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of areas with high speed intern
We're considering a move from the mainland to Puna. I work remotely and high speed internet is critical for that. From the research I've done it seems there are two options in Puna:

1) Cable internet (Spectrum)
2) Fiber internet (Hawaiian Tel)

I have been unable to locate a comprehensive list of what areas support these two options. From my own research I've compiled the following information:

Cable
* Hawaiian Beaches - the whole neighborhood (checked via Google streetview)
* HPP - some streets near the highway and a few streets near the coast. How far into HPP does cable go? I can't confirm with streetview.
* Nanawale Estates - some streets (checked via Google streetview). Is the whole neighborhood covered?
* Leilani Estates - some streets (checked via Google streetview). Is the whole neighborhood covered?

Fiber
* Eden Roc - entire subdivision
* Fern Acres - parts (checked sample of addresses on service availability page)
* Fern Forest - parts (checked sample of addresses on service availability page)
* Hawaiian Acres - parts (checked sample of addresses on service availability page)
* Orchidland - parts (checked sample of addresses on service availability page)

The press release from Hawaiian Tel announcing Fiber expansion: http://bigislandnow.com/2017/12/19/hawai...locations/ seems to indicate several other neighborhoods in Puna may have Fiber including: Kapoho, Kalapana, Leilani Estates, and Nanawale Estates. I have checked multiple addresses in these neighborhoods on the service availability page (https://www.hawaiiantel.com/CheckforServ...adpath=HSI) and cannot find ANY addresses with fiber available. Does anyone know where in these neighborhoods fiber is actually available? Am I missing any other areas with cable internet?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
List of areas with high speed intern - by acoloradan - 02-12-2018, 04:16 AM
RE: List of areas with high speed intern - by jrw - 02-12-2018, 01:56 PM