Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's say the TMT protestors succeed...
...Today we have a new generation of Hawaiians who insist on resurrecting the old gods and superstitious beliefs which were used by the elites of Hawaiian society to oppress and subjugate the common people. They claim to represent the wishes of our ancestors, but who exactly are they speaking for? There is no evidence, historical or otherwise, to suggest that our ancestors would have opposed the construction of a device that would have allowed them to see stars that they have never seen before. Indeed, there is no historical evidence to suggest that our ancestors were opposed to ANY new technology of ANY kind. I’ve scoured the historical record and I have been unable to find any instances where Hawaiians were against science and technology en masse. This new movement appears to be an entirely novel concept, but where is it coming from?
Neo-luddism and new age spiritualism, imported directly from California and the mainland, have combined with certain aspects of Hawaiian culture to form a brand new religion/culture. This new anti-science movement is opposed to all kinds of beneficial technologies, from telescopes to genetic engineering and even vaccines. Many Hawaiians, economically disadvantaged and lacking a proper education, fall victim to these kinds of ideologies because they offer the promise of “ancient knowledge” as a solution to modern problems. This highly idealized version of history is extremely popular with many Hawaiians. But this neo-luddite view is ahistorical and ignores what life was really like before contemporary history and what life was really like under the kapu system for the vast majority of kanaka maoli...."
read more intelligence here...http://www.bronsonkaahui.com/2015/04/08/tmt/

Dont be a lemming jumping all on the Mauna Kea 'Bandwagon' because you think its cool to be like Kelly Slater (lol), and/or so the 'pseudowannabe locals' will like ya better...
aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's say the TMT protestors succeed... - by bananahead - 04-11-2015, 02:23 PM
RE: Let's say the TMT protestors succeed... - by dmbwest - 04-19-2015, 04:39 PM