Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's say the TMT protestors succeed...
quote:
Originally posted by dakine

Why is this thread filled with so much disrespect?

I believe those who wish to speak of their position one way or the other should feel that other's with opposing views have enough respect for them to listen and consider what they say. Why is it that almost every post here is filled with condescending hostility? Where is the humanity in that? Why would any of you who speak so disparagingly of others think while doing so you deserve their, or anyone else's, respect yourself?

I have a view, and I see many who post here have opposing views, but what is the point of all the belittling? All the putting down, speaking with disrespect? Really, if you were invited to share your views on TV would you speak them as such? If you were asked to come before some legislative body and speak your mind would you speak it with such a tone? If you were asked to share your views anywhere where you are accountable other than in a forum such as this would you really stand up and make such a spectacle of yourself? If not, why do you do it here?

Dakine, from your posting history it's obvious you are a kind and caring person who cares passionately about our home, this island. I personally have no intention of being disrespectful to you or anyone else. I find this entire debacle disturbing, hugely disturbing. First, our economy could potentially take a hit, who wants to do business here, with our new reputation of instability and hostility? And just when the mayor is being exposed for corruption? And a lava flow that almost took out a town? Do we really need this protest right now? I see no validity in it whatsoever and much potential harm.

The protesters are disrespecting the Canadians, the entire astronomy community, the island, our state and country. Look again Dakine to see where the real disrespect is coming from. Is it possible that the posters here are aghast and disappointed at the criminal behavior and destruction from the protesters? It's crazy making stuff, you can't attempt to relive Hawaiian history without being massively destructive in the present. Too many call this their home and righteously so for any predatory faction to decide what is and isn't real. We are NOT living in a time warp, get over it! That is clinically criminal predatory behavior and they belong in jail.

Sorry if you find my words disrespectful, that is not even remotely my intention, you still have my respect regardless. But I find this movement and your support of it a criminal matter. Just straight up honesty as a response to your question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's say the TMT protestors succeed... - by Punatic007 - 04-12-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: Let's say the TMT protestors succeed... - by dmbwest - 04-19-2015, 04:39 PM