Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of areas with high speed intern
Thank you for the detailed response!

quote:
and cannot find ANY addresses with fiber available

Telcom's database is "poorly maintained". Case in point: I can see the fiber on my road, and I've talked to the install techs, who have a map showing that it's available at my location. Yet, when I call to order it, I'm told that it's not actually available. The techs' explanation: if you don't have grid power, your address may not exist, even if you also have other services from Telcom.

I have found addresses with fiber availability on Telcom's site in Eden Roc and Orchidland so far.

quote:
Example: I'm close enough to the DSLAM to get 11mbit DSL; the DSLAM has gigabit fiber as its uplink, and a total of 72 ports, so I get that full 11mbit all day long. (The DSLAM is capable of 500 ports, I have no idea why they don't install more linecards. Similarly, I should be close enough to get 25mbit, but Telcom tends to be very conservative with DSL.)

If you don't mind me asking, what neighborhood are you in? What's the actual upload speed on that 12M DSL?

quote:
However, DSL in Seaview is served by a DSLAM with 12mbit of uplink, so it's totally unsable. There were plans to bring fiber to that DSLAM, maybe this problem is solved.

This is disappointing, but not surprising.

quote:
Kapoho, Kalapana, Leilani Estates, and Nanawale Estates

I called out these areas specifically because Telcom claims availability in their December press release, but I cannot find any actual examples.

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of areas with high speed intern - by acoloradan - 02-12-2018, 05:14 AM
RE: List of areas with high speed intern - by jrw - 02-12-2018, 01:56 PM