Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Something strange is going on in Maui
(01-03-2022, 01:01 AM)malahini Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 12:43 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote: This is not exactly new. Maui had been requiring proof of vaccination for these activities since September.
So, how has it been going for them over the past few months? I haven’t heard how businesses are coping.

Very few people in the US period are getting boosters. This will severely reduce their revenue and they will be sending away a lot more customers. They are already having trouble with the current requirements with the comments I have seen on the CB and other places. This will be murder on them at this point.

I like how you can just shrug that off when you aren't the one who has to enforce it. Especially when there's no evidence a booster is going to slow down the spread of Omicron or is even necessary to prevent hospitalization.

I still maintain the people who push these policies are evil whether they realize it or not.

If you truly believed in what you are doing, then why don't you just send the cops out to round up everyone who won't boost? At least then the proper people would be enforcing the rules, not some random business owners.

Either way I just burned my vax card.
I don't like how you interpret my sincere question regarding how the Maui restaurant industry is faring with the restrictions in place since September as "shrugging it off".  WTH?  
Enforcement goes like this:  The hostess asks to see your vax card.  You produce it, fine.  You don't, you're asked to leave.  Sure, they may have to deal with a few dickheads once in awhile, that's probably not very common.  I personally know someone working in this position, but not in Hawaii.

Burning vax card-Brilliant!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something strange is going on in Maui - by Durian Fiend - 01-03-2022, 02:42 AM