Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Why are so many vaccinated people getting COVID-19 lately?
(01-26-2022, 10:22 PM)kander Wrote: Primary difference is that 50 years ago.. they had cattle, sugar and other crops being grown in quantities that would have sustained the population. This is not the case anymore..

Really? No more? I mean, sure, I guess there ain't much of a herd in Puna but that don't mean the island, the state, doesn't have enough protein to feed us for a very long time..

Parker Ranch has more than 10,000 breading mother cows.. and over 130,00 managed acres of active pasture.. and that's just Parker..

The wild parts of Mauna Kea is covered in sheep, goats cover large tracks of land on many sides of the island, and pigs are everywhere.

And, to be honest, it hasn't happened near as fast as one would have hoped when sugar first collapsed in the '90s, but man diversified ag is making strides.. just what is happening right now on Maui is wonderful..

And then, of course, we could all eat more fish if need be.

But, please, help me out here.. in your scenario, quoted above, how'd all that sugar you hold up as having some redeeming value help anyone?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are so many vaccinated people getting COVID-19 lately? - by MyManao - 01-27-2022, 01:23 AM