Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Speed Rail Between Hilo and Kona
It was a conspiracy against the consumers when the tire companies, oil industry and the automakers bought and tore out the trolley systems (our Detroit one was sold to Mexico) - this I learned when I took an Environment class at the community college in Flint (where the successful sit-down strike gave us a powerful UAW).
My grandmother talked about "jitneys" wheich were private citizens with a car, who would take riders for a fee. They didn't have cellphones and I don't know if they scheduled themselves, but those without other options had them work. This was up near Calumet, where many Nationalities had to learn to get along - most were immigrants and they all learned to diversify and depend on each other (milk delivery, junk collector, I won't tell you the names she used)
I've purchased a Central Park carriage (holds 2 couples plus a driver) and am thinking about a Pahoa ride/service. When its weatherproofing is up, it resembles the Fisher Body Coach. Fuel would grow, not be shipped in a tanker! COuld probably find a use for the manure, too!

Messages In This Thread
RE: High Speed Rail Between Hilo and Kona - by missydog1 - 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
RE: High Speed Rail Between Hilo and Kona - by carmel123 - 08-28-2007, 08:47 AM
RE: High Speed Rail Between Hilo and Kona - by missydog1 - 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM
RE: High Speed Rail Between Hilo and Kona - by morganlady - 09-02-2007, 05:14 AM