Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna
I think a co-op is a great way for needy patients to receive quality assured, safe medicine. One of the biggest cons to medical cannabis as stipulated by many doctors is that a patient may not know what they're getting in terms of quality, safety and consistency. A co-op could easily address these issues. However as James pointed out, security is a major issue, and without some sort of police or legal protection, the situation could turn vigilante and violent. But this is not the patients fault, it is the responsibility of the State to ensure the safety of it's registered patients, which it has failed to do thus far.

As for Jon's comments: "now if you could get a license to sell dope from the state of Hawaii and donate 50% of proceeds to drug rehab....i might just change my tune..."

Well Jon perhaps you should consider the fact that cannabis is over a 1 billion dollar a year business that is typically tax free. However many of the legal dispensaries there pay anywhere from a quarter to a half a million in just state taxes alone from generated revenue. What happens to that money is up to the state. They could surely you it for rehabs or better yet youth education and prevention programs. Also, a quick question for you Jon: How much money do you suppose the methadone and morphine industry donate to heroin rehabs, 50%, 20%, 0% ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by rasman - 01-27-2009, 05:19 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-27-2009, 03:55 PM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-28-2009, 04:21 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by roseroo14 - 01-28-2009, 05:13 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by roseroo14 - 01-28-2009, 06:25 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-28-2009, 06:31 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-29-2009, 07:22 AM