Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna
People get too worked up over these terms. Its not the term but how its intended, often determined by it's inflection.

I recall around 1965 or 66 when my father was a Southern HS principal he had an incident with his terminology. He was born and raised in N.C. and had a fair bit of N.C. accent to show for it. His respectful term for blacks at that time was Nigra. He intentionally did not use the "N" word. Well, the term he used bothered some in the Black community but he was well known for being universally fair with his only concern being for the students, all of them. You also must remember that integration had just occurred and it was his first year in the brand new integrated school. Well, leaders of the Black community got together and requested a meeting with him. In that meeting they educated the N.C. boy (Cracker) on proper pronunciation. He later related how they slaped their knee to get to accross the knee part of Negro. Being the good hearted and well intentioned guy he was, he learned his lesson and dutifully used the then proper term "Negro" until that term went out of style. Of course it was the term he thought he was using all along.

I have been called "cracker" numerous times. It generally doesn't bother me. When it's accompained by ass and MF the intent is understood. I may then get my feathers ruffled a bit, or not. You must always consider the source too.

MJ, pot, dope, cannabis, who cares!

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-27-2009, 03:55 PM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-28-2009, 04:21 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by roseroo14 - 01-28-2009, 05:13 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by roseroo14 - 01-28-2009, 06:25 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-28-2009, 06:31 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by Guest - 01-29-2009, 07:22 AM
RE: Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna - by oink - 01-29-2009, 12:30 PM