Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this
Darn I just lost my story about a trip to a Mexican ER. Suffice it to say it was a great story that had to do with surfing in Baja and it even had a happy ending -I healed and it cost $35 including drugs. In comparison I had another personal story about a trip to an ER in Arcata, CA. It cost $250 for steristrips that didn't hold when I should have gotten stitches. Oh, then I got another bill for more money. It seems that I got billed by the nurse/attendent and separately by the hospital...

I do have a comment regarding the phrasing of the question above. "The question is, would you be willing to put up with free health care here in Puna if it was like Cuba's."

That comment/question is slanted and is slightly annoying. It's almost like saying, "Person X is evil, you don't want to support evil do you?" Of course nobody wants poor healthcare, nor do they want to put up with it.

Trust me when I say that we have our own issues right here in this Country of ours.

Here's a CNN clip for a lady in NY I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QudX2ARq13k&feature=related
Sure, she might have a mental issue, but does she deserve to die on the floor without even getting a bed? (Hey these sorts of questions are fun.)

Here's another headline:
Woman dies in ER lobby as 911 refuses to help
Tapes show operators ignored pleas to send ambulance to L.A. hospital
link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19207050/

So I guess that I would say that nobody want's poor health care, but to point at Cuba and say free health care doesn't work kinda' ignores the failures in our own healthcare system. Undoubtedly, there are shining examples of free healthcare systems just as there are several shining examples of emergency room visits that were covered by my employer sponsored healthcare. I'm happy either way, I have a job that has great coverage. It must really suck for the people who's employer doesn't provide healthcare.

Cheers,

Sean
See you in the surf

Messages In This Thread
Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Sean - 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-12-2009, 06:02 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-16-2009, 12:43 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM